[April 2, 2024] Indiana State (31-6) vs Utah (22-14)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Wow! That was awesome, 32 wins and counting, the home sellouts, national TV games, MVC championship, Hulman Center West, sold out Hinkle Fieldhouse, and so much more! This team deserves this, we deserve this, and the nation is loving ISU basketball! Can’t wait to do it again on Thursday! Soak it in folks, this is special and TH/ISU can do what people didn’t think was possible.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Your coach is the key!! He knows what he needs to make this offense run. He knows how to develop players. He knows how to build a program quickly. We know how to support a team. We are a community that not too long ago played in and regularly sold out a 19,000 seat arena. We are one of the best sports towns in America. We will embrace a group and system like this.

You are right, it is special. By the way in 1989-1990 we played in back to back NIT championship games, it was special to us too. Our golden era though was the Charlie Spoonhour years; back then the product was good and we loved it….
you don't get it. These guys were a bunch of misfits that all came to a small town in Indiana and created something special. Not saying there aren't going to be future success's for them regardless of where they are and who's with them. But to take 20+ individuals that had no history or credentials and they captivated a country all year long. Something special that can't be replicated.

Love how your team plays…. We’re going to love watching some of these guys play in this offense in St. Louis. You guys are a great fan base, best of wishes and I’ll personally be rooting for you guys Thursday and from here on out.

What about you go root for your team on your board and let us root for ours in peace? No one on here cares about St Louis U or what you're looking forward to. If our coach leaves Terre Haute and this fanbase for that dump city then he's a fool. I wouldn't ever step foot in that town if it wasn't for Arch Madness.

The thing everyone knows about lightning in a bottle is that its incredibly common and can easily be replicated. 🙄
It may come in 40-year gaps, but Indiana State somehow manages to do it more often than most. There are power conference schools that have never gone as deep as we have in the NIT and the NCAA Tournaments. Let's just appreciate it and keep the good vibes up so that hopefully this time we use it to build some momentum.

you don't get it. These guys were a bunch of misfits that all came to a small town in Indiana and created something special. Not saying there aren't going to be future success's for them regardless of where they are and who's with them. But to take 20+ individuals that had no history or credentials and they captivated a country all year long. Something special that can't be replicated.
I was actually complimenting you!!!! I enjoyed watching your game today and I really like your offensive style. I think your coach is a rising star. Whether he comes to SLU or stays, he’s clearly heading to the big time and will be a Power 5 Coach very soon. If he comes to SLU he may be gone in 2-3 years, this is the nature of successful mid majors. If he stays at ISU, you’ll be a top 20 team next year, you’ll obliterate the valley and you’ll be a sweet 16 team next year. End result, a power 5 will grab him then,

You are in the midst of a great run. 32 win seasons are insane!! Soak it up and enjoy all the moments, you deserve it!!!

I'm going to correct myself, not many programs period.
mid majors now or then?

only the most rule breaking program in MBB history (Lexington KY Reform Institute) has multiple NCAA and NIT titles

only the SECOND most rule breaking program in MBB history (Louisville KY Halfway House of ill Repute) has an NCAA* title, an NIT title and an NAIB/A title...

Last edited:
Your coach is the key!! He knows what he needs to make this offense run. He knows how to develop players. He knows how to build a program quickly. We know how to support a team. We are a community that not too long ago played in and regularly sold out a 19,000 seat arena. We are one of the best sports towns in America. We will embrace a group and system like this.

You are right, it is special. By the way in 1989-1990 we played in back to back NIT championship games, it was special to us too. Our golden era though was the Charlie Spoonhour years; back then the product was good and we loved it….
Are you still here?

Helluva win tonight -- Congratulations to HC JS and the entire team and staff

Enjoying my 2nd Champaign Velvet of the evening

Larry Blurrd stands at 994 career points - expect him to break the 1,000 mark in the first 10 minutes on Thursday; when he does, he'll become the 42nd Sycamore with 1,000+ career points -- one of the few to do it in 2 seasons

Julian Larry is at 935 career points

Xavier Bledson has 691 points, passing RJ Mahurin (687) tonight

Jayson Kent has 681 points, passing Ron Cheatham (662) during the post-season

Ryan Conwell has 626, he's a near cinch to fly past Alex Gilbert (632) during Thursday's final

Isaish Swope stands at 568 career points

Last edited:

I was actually complimenting you!!!! I enjoyed watching your game today and I really like your offensive style. I think your coach is a rising star. Whether he comes to SLU or stays, he’s clearly heading to the big time and will be a Power 5 Coach very soon. If he comes to SLU he may be gone in 2-3 years, this is the nature of successful mid majors. If he stays at ISU, you’ll be a top 20 team next year, you’ll obliterate the valley and you’ll be a sweet 16 team next year. End result, a power 5 will grab him then,

You are in the midst of a great run. 32 win seasons are insane!! Soak it up and enjoy all the moments, you deserve it!!!

Sir...I think you mean well...but what you are doing is akin to going into a neighbor's house (this forum)...and complimenting their family's dog...a dog they truly love...and reminding them that you are going to be taking that dog away from them...now...that probably doesn't phase your feelings at all...but to this family, it most certainly does....we'd just rather not be reminded of it. Thanks.

Take out the limited # of Utah, Seton Hall and UGA fans and then the general Indy public, how many ISU fans y’all thinking were there? I think there were damn near 7k Sycamores in that building tonight!

Back