Caitlin Clark coming to Indy

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Some nimrods have tried to cast her as selfish...uhh...she is NCAA Women's Top 6 all-time in assists. She makes some amazing Jabo/Avila/Larry level passes for Iowa as well.

And I don't watch much women's hoops and have never seen a WNBA game, but I have seen some of Iowa over the last couple years because the kid can play.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Some nimrods have tried to cast her as selfish...uhh...she is NCAA Women's Top 6 all-time in assists. She makes some amazing Jabo/Avila/Larry level passes for Iowa as well.

Yeah, she is definitely uber skilled.

Nobody really wants to address the elephant in the room there. What Swoopes did during her media rounds last month was racism. Point blank.

Will go to a WNBA to watch her play and I'm stoked she'll be in Indy. Missed her on her trips to Purdue and IU.

Just for the record, let me clarify my point... She is an amazing talented player, but Boda has a point. I think some of the criticism from WNBA players are based on jealousy from potentially having to share a piece of the cash pie, and racial and sexual prejudice. Wish that wasn't true and hope I am incorrect.

Honestly, the misogyny toward women's sports gets old and tired after a while. You don't want to root for Caitlin? Fine. But why try to tear it down and pretend like she's not phenomenal? If you prefer watching fat men in a boat occasionally catch a fish to someone hitting three pointers from near halfcourt like she's Steph Curry, go for it.
i made it a minute into the video. she can shoot. apparently most women are misogynists too because they arent watching either.

Im not a basketball fan though, unless its at the school where I played football.,

Do you have a crush on her or something? Why the strong defense? Almost no one likes women's basketball, including women. Are they misogynists too?
Why? Because the arguments I'm seeing here against her - bringing up EIU basketball for some reason - beg the question: Why do some of you feel such a strong need to trash women's sports? Why are you worried about it? And before you say you're not, if someone was to post a thread on here raving about the next, ohhh, let's say bass fishing phenom, I just wouldn't bother to open the thread.

First, the WNBA has no clue how to handle a golden goose and now Women's USA Basketball is doubling down showing nobody knows how to handle anything. Is there a more unserious sport than women's basketball?

Makes sense... why limit the rookie to a situational role or limited minutes as play dictates... no, it's BETTER to leave that player OFF that roster, sure makes a lot of sense...
:eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek::eek::rolleyes::eek::rolleyes::eek:

Always remember that MANY people in positions of power and authority are not there because they possess a particular skill set, tremendous vision or leadership skills, tremendous decision making abilities or have earned it...they're in that position due to nepotism, convenience, circumstance, politics or blind luck.

First, the WNBA has no clue how to handle a golden goose and now Women's USA Basketball is doubling down showing nobody knows how to handle anything. Is there a more unserious sport than women's basketball?

Here's the Women's National Team Committee
1717954199864.png

https://www.usab.com/about/who-we-are

That group isn't chock full of hacks and nepo's but it's interesting a 41-yr old is on the team and the 22-yr old isn't given full consideration... esp. due to the "unfortunate scheduling" of the training camp... (in the middle of the WBB NCAA Div I tourney...)

hell - even the Men's Committee put Christian F**King Laettner on the 1992 team

Kind of spinning it, why did they NOT atleast put her on the women’s 3v3 team instead? They could have kept face some, the networks get the Clark PR, and they could have promoted the hell out of the 3v3 only in it’s second Olympics..

Appreciated Dave Portnoy's (Barstool Sports) 2 minute rant about Caitlin's Olympic snub. Too busy to post it, but it's entertaining. Easy to find on Google/YouTube.

Kind of spinning it, why did they NOT atleast put her on the women’s 3v3 team instead? They could have kept face some, the networks get the Clark PR, and they could have promoted the hell out of the 3v3 only in it’s second Olympics..

Because it would do damage to the actual team when it out drew them.

Back