Early MVC 22-23 preview

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Really not a lot to disagree with in that article. Drake is about the only known in the conference with SIU and Bradley still having some nice pieces available. This conference season is going to be wild between the 3 new teams and plethora of rebuilt rosters across the conference.

Time will tell, but with the amount of turnover they experienced I think picking Murray State 5th is a bit high.

Time will tell, but with the amount of turnover they experienced I think picking Murray State 5th is a bit high.
Not only that but we should be ahead of Belmont. They lost a lot on top transitioning to the MVC I just don’t see it and I’m expecting them to finish toward the bottom.

Belmont and Murray State are historically very good programs. Do not underestimate them at your own peril,
I expect the Sycamores to win 15+ games in 22-23. So much for predictions......thanx.

Not only that but we should be ahead of Belmont. They lost a lot on top transitioning to the MVC I just don’t see it and I’m expecting them to finish toward the bottom.
Belmont also added a lot of talent while losing it, too. They’ll be fine; top-half in the league.

I won’t argue overall with the article other then having Bradley too high. He justifies his Bradley finish prediction by also predicting Hickman being the breakout player this year, so at least he was consistent. I think other than Drake being at the top, there are just way too many unknowns and variables this year. That means any team, including us, has a shot.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
The Bradley hype feels like a leap of faith. I get it but I don’t think it means slotting them second.
of course, I predict indiana state being ranked going into the ncaa tournament so there’s that…🤷‍♂️

I have N.Iowa and Murray State lower. N.Iowa has to replace their two best players, both will be difficult to replace. Murray State simply had too much turnover to be in the upper echelon of the Valley. Indiana State should be slightly higher, but S.Illinois is my sleeper.

Belmont and Murray State are historically very good programs. Do not underestimate them at your own peril,
I expect the Sycamores to win 15+ games in 22-23. So much for predictions......thanx.
Historically in the OVC. Will both programs return to their dominance like that have had in the OVC, only time will tell.

Belmont also added a lot of talent while losing it, too. They’ll be fine; top-half in the league.

I won’t argue overall with the article other then having Bradley too high. He justifies his Bradley finish prediction by also predicting Hickman being the breakout player this year, so at least he was consistent. I think other than Drake being at the top, there are just way too many unknowns and variables this year. That means any team, including us, has a shot.
Not denying talent. In fact I expect Murray State and Belmont to improve the following season. But for this season they will be making alot of adjusments and that is going to result in alot of close losses. That's my prediction.

Back