hope the site can stay up for longer than a few hours each day

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

TJames

The JSW Level
i hope that the work done on the website is almost done. for the past week, there have been times when it appears as if the site is down. i know that they have to do maintainance on it from time to time, but it seemed like it was down more than it was up last week.

i tried for several hours sunday evening....and it kept saying that there was no website by this name. at times last week, it said it down down for maintainance.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
i hope that the work done on the website is almost done. for the past week, there have been times when it appears as if the site is down. i know that they have to do maintainance on it from time to time, but it seemed like it was down more than it was up last week.

i tried for several hours sunday evening....and it kept saying that there was no website by this name. at times last week, it said it down down for maintainance.

Tom I was having the same Maint. Issue for one day only . When i try to post using my AOL Account i run into the No web site message . If i use IE i have no problems what so ever

The site hasn't been down. We were down for 24 hours while the DNS propogated -- however, Comcast was propagated within 2 hours. You may check with your ISP or flush the DNS cache on your machine.

Same issue?

The site hasn't been down. We were down for 24 hours while the DNS propogated -- however, Comcast was propagated within 2 hours. You may check with your ISP or flush the DNS cache on your machine.

Looks like I may be having a similar issue. I've flushed my DNS cache and I still can't get onto the site unless I use a web-based proxy service. I've confirmed that I can get on the site from other locations on the same laptop, though. Looks like I need to deal with my ISP next? I'm using Wild Blue satellite (through DirecTV) and the tech support isn't the strongest. Any suggestions on how I proceed with them in order to fix the access issue?

Tom, DNS propogation varies according to your internet service provider. Usually its not the faut of the host isp.

After speaking with our new webhost, it looks like there are still DNS issues happening somewhere along the line. That said, I'm going to look to moving it to another webhost in the coming days.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
After speaking with our new webhost, it looks like there are still DNS issues happening somewhere along the line. That said, I'm going to look to moving it to another webhost in the coming days.

Thank you!!

It's nice to know I'm not going insane! I was able to get on this morning, but I'm back to the proxy server this afternoon. This is good news.

Back