QB Discussion

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Just now seeing that the title of this thread is about the QB - thought I was in a different thread. Sort of nullified that point I was trying to make. I’m rusty. (*unless the thread got cleaned up) My bad!!

Anyway, I don’t know what the Mayor thinks - I just know what I think… 🤣 In fact, I sat in a housing meeting the Mayor was in about 2 months ago and suggested that one of the best publicly owned pieces of real estate the City or County owns has Memorial Stadium sitting on it and once ISU does the right thing and gets rid of football that we can utilize that property for housing initiatives. I believe @meistro was in the room as well.

* I’m not naive - so many things would have to happen for that to ever become a reality. It was the principle of the matter for me to make that point.

Your point about hotels/restaurants is valid maybe two or three Saturday’s a year. I don’t think having football or not is going to make or break those entities. If they are two or three good weekends away from closing the doors they were never going to make it anyway. Bosco, Fords, Stables, Terminal, Charlie’s, Sonka all the TH staples make a killing every weekend with or without events going on. The hotel’s seem to be at or near capacity on a regular basis - the reason downtown is about to get a new hotel in the next 24 months. They don’t build hotels in areas that have “vacancy” issues… I appreciate the point you are trying to make it’s just that I’ve lived here my entire life and I have a pretty good grasp on these things and the impact a home football game really has on these entities. I assure you - the majority of them will not blink.

The only point for keeping it (for me) is the many friends I have that are football alumni themselves - I would really hate it for them to lose the football program that they played for. That doesn’t stop me from thinking logically about the situation - but I feel that I can still have sympathy if it ever came to that. It’s a touchy subject - I get that especially for those guys who put on the jersey for InState. That’s the only argument that really makes me pause.
I will also say this whatever it’s worth. I’ve been everywhere around the world. The crazy working world that I cannot escape from doesn’t compare to The tranquility feeling I get from coming to Terre Haute. I absolutely love going to The Balley, and walking around campus. Cooper Bar? Off The charts.
I would not come if it wasn’t for Football HC.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I will also say this whatever it’s worth. I’ve been everywhere around the world. The crazy working world that I cannot escape from doesn’t compare to The tranquility feeling I get from coming to Terre Haute. I absolutely love going to The Balley, and walking around campus. Cooper Bar? Off The charts.
I would not come if it wasn’t for Football HC.

If it's THAT freaking tranquil and OUT-STANDING, why are you limiting yourself to one weekend?

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

You eliminate football and therefore Title 1X, You’ll see our whole athletic department go down in flames with the elimination of lady athletics. Lawyers will have a hay day with that. You know that Jason.

lay out that formula - I need a good laugh, been a long stressful weekend

That’s a fair assessment. I just wish when us football guys talk football, that Jason would not throw in our face to give $$ or shut the hell up. Just unfair.
Your political view point was well received

It's not unfair. You just think it is.

You simply won't listen to rational thought. The writing is on the wall for non-power conference football. Unless something drastic happens, the entire lot is likely on the chopping block even beyond us. FCS money games are getting ready to end in the next handful of years once the next media deals come due and especially if private equity gets involved. That is the last bastion of income for FCS programs that can't draw.

You need to check your emotion at the door. If you're not willing to have a conversation without thinking back to what you remember in the 70s, you're being intellectually dishonest. If you want to save Indiana State football, you're on the clock. The lot of you need to form a grass roots organization and start recruiting people. If you don't have money, you'll have to fundraise.

Last edited:
You eliminate football and therefore Title 1X, You’ll see our whole athletic department go down in flames with the elimination of lady athletics. Lawyers will have a hay day with that. You know that Jason.

This makes no sense. I've outline numerous ways the department can be re-organized post football that can remain Title IX complaint.

That said, the next fight will be to scrap Title IX with regards to college athletics. Calling this shot now. May not be for another decade, but if they have to pay players and treat things as a business, the only way you can do that is by eliminating Title IX restrictions on athletics.

Just now seeing that the title of this thread is about the QB - thought I was in a different thread. Sort of nullified that point I was trying to make. I’m rusty. (*unless the thread got cleaned up) My bad!!

Anyway, I don’t know what the Mayor thinks - I just know what I think… 🤣 In fact, I sat in a housing meeting the Mayor was in about 2 months ago and suggested that one of the best publicly owned pieces of real estate the City or County owns has Memorial Stadium sitting on it and once ISU does the right thing and gets rid of football that we can utilize that property for housing initiatives. I believe @meistro was in the room as well.

* I’m not naive - so many things would have to happen for that to ever become a reality. It was the principle of the matter for me to make that point.

Your point about hotels/restaurants is valid maybe two or three Saturday’s a year. I don’t think having football or not is going to make or break those entities. If they are two or three good weekends away from closing the doors they were never going to make it anyway. Bosco, Fords, Stables, Terminal, Charlie’s, Sonka all the TH staples make a killing every weekend with or without events going on. The hotel’s seem to be at or near capacity on a regular basis - the reason downtown is about to get a new hotel in the next 24 months. They don’t build hotels in areas that have “vacancy” issues… I appreciate the point you are trying to make it’s just that I’ve lived here my entire life and I have a pretty good grasp on these things and the impact a home football game really has on these entities. I assure you - the majority of them will not blink.

The only point for keeping it (for me) is the many friends I have that are football alumni themselves - I would really hate it for them to lose the football program that they played for. That doesn’t stop me from thinking logically about the situation - but I feel that I can still have sympathy if it ever came to that. It’s a touchy subject - I get that especially for those guys who put on the jersey for InState. That’s the only argument that really makes me pause.

I moved it from King and Joey O's show thread because I knew it was going to go off on a tangent.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Calling this shot now. May not be for another decade, but if they have to pay players and treat things as a business, the only way you can do that is by eliminating Title IX restrictions on athletics.
Probably quicker now after Loper Bright. The questions regarding application of Title IX to the new college athletics landscape will get to SCOTUS in a year or two starting with whether Title IX applies to the recent revenue sharing settlement. That will then probably set precedent on whether Title IX applies to the predicted/forthcoming PE cash injections.

Anyhow....who's the starting QB going to be again?

Probably quicker now after Loper Bright. The questions regarding application of Title IX to the new college athletics landscape will get to SCOTUS in a year or two starting with whether Title IX applies to the recent revenue sharing settlement. That will then probably set precedent on whether Title IX applies to the predicted/forthcoming PE cash injections.

This is the Chevron doctrine stuff, right? I hadn't even considered that but yeah, I aggressively move up my timeline.

Why would Title IX NOT apply to any revenue sharing agreement?

1720490770222.png

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/20/1681

Back