RIP Bill Walton

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
yep - missed all of three seasons and only played 13 in another. Plus after Portland got stuck in those unbelievably shitty Clippers teams - probably the worst franchise in professional sports.

But he was the perfect, and I mean PERFECT, addition to the Boston Celtics! That 86 Celtics team is the best I've ever seen. And he was a HUGE part of that!!!

yep - missed all of three seasons and only played 13 in another. Plus after Portland got stuck in those unbelievably shitty Clippers teams - probably the worst franchise in professional sports.

not to mention his 10 games in 86-87 and missing all of 87-88 before retiring.

But he was the perfect, and I mean PERFECT, addition to the Boston Celtics! That 86 Celtics team is the best I've ever seen. And he was a HUGE part of that!!!

Put him on the 86-87 Celtics (only played 10 gms that year) and the now-deceased Len Bias and the Celtics likely repeat; hell - that team, 86 plus a living Bias and a healthy Walton could have been BETTER than the 86 Celtics!

That Portland team with Walton, Maurice Lucas, Twardzik (sic) and Lionel Hollins was so much fun to watch. Remember watching a couple of those games in a "Gentlemens" bar in Eville and I never even paid attention to the stage.

Back