08-09 out of conference schedule?

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
ok, so we know ISU should have these games:

Home
Butler
North Texas
Murray State
BracketBuster

Away
Ball State
Purdue
Bowling Green
Northern Illinois

anyone else know the other teams who will appear on the ISU schedule? Please no more MAC teams!

Little Eddie?? you hear anything??

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I'm pretty sure we are going to Louisville. That does not mean we will be playing Louisville. It is a holiday tournament. I haven't heard who the other teams are. That would be pretty cool if it worked out to where we could play U of L.

Remember when we used to get invited to IU's tournament? I don't even think they have that tourney anymore.

:sycamores:

no, that contract is up, no game with them, that was a bracketbuster return game this past season. Murray St. is our Bracketbuster return game this next season (at ISU)

I think we still have a game with Miami of Ohio also...not sure...I'll see what I can find out.

I really hope we can get a "name" school on the schedule. If the tournament at Louisville is part of a 2 for 1, that would be good. I'd like to see a big name at Hulman Center this year. I had heard we might be trying to get a 2 for 1 with DePaul. Not exactly Duke, but I'd take it. I'd also like to see us schedule the likes of Xavier, or maybe go for broke and get a North Carolina on the schedule just to see where we stack up.

Best bet is a tournament, I suppose...

I bet Duke would take us. Coach K has said for years that his team plays a tough enough schedule in the ACC and doesn't need or want a tough non-conference schedule. They play a lot of home games against smaller teams. Might be a chance to boost the SOS and get on national tv. Just a thought.....

Valpo has played Duke, UNC, and NC State recently, so there's no reason ISU couldn't too.

I bet Duke would take us. Coach K has said for years that his team plays a tough enough schedule in the ACC and doesn't need or want a tough non-conference schedule. They play a lot of home games against smaller teams. Might be a chance to boost the SOS and get on national tv. Just a thought.....

I could see teams like Duke and UNC playing us. Also, Tennessee would be a option since Pearl has Indiana ties. These games wouldn't be on national tv but would be a good learning chance.

I really hope we can get a "name" school on the schedule. If the tournament at Louisville is part of a 2 for 1, that would be good. I'd like to see a big name at Hulman Center this year. I had heard we might be trying to get a 2 for 1 with DePaul. Not exactly Duke, but I'd take it. I'd also like to see us schedule the likes of Xavier, or maybe go for broke and get a North Carolina on the schedule just to see where we stack up.

Best bet is a tournament, I suppose...

It's tough for Xavier to schedule schools like ISU. The Atlantic 10 requires teams who finish in the Top Tier of the conference to only schedule opponents within a certain RPI cut off. I'd have to look to see where that cut-off is, but it makes scheduling difficult with some MVC members. This is in an attempt to raise the conference RPI of the A-10. It's been met with mixed results so far.

options.....
IUPUI (they are better than what they once were, but not in that ragged gym of theirs)
Valpo
W. Kentucky
UAB (Mike Davis may play us; and it's not a come down game for them)
Dayton
Xavier
Oral Roberts
None of the above drain you RPI and can help you!
Any big boy you can get to listen to you!:meditate:
Struggling BCS schools who think they need the "W" on their schedule:krazy:(not all are struggling this season, but history isn't alwyas kind to them either): Illinois, Missouri, Georgia, LSU, Baylor (Drew), Texas Tech (Knight), Michigan, Minnisota, Georgia Tech, ....

I don't think we are automatically guaranteed a home Bracket Buster contest because we were on the road this year either. It is a new decision each year. We will get the "return" game from this year, but next year's Bracket Buster is up in the air as to which teams are home and road - at least that is my recollection of how it works?

I don't think we are automatically guaranteed a home Bracket Buster contest because we were on the road this year either. It is a new decision each year. We will get the "return" game from this year, but next year's Bracket Buster is up in the air as to which teams are home and road - at least that is my recollection of how it works?

You are correct. Look at Butler - how many years in a row have they played at home? And before this year, Creighton played several years in a row at home (at least that's what they said over on ValleyTalk). So, each year that's a new decision. We could be on the road again.

Personally, I wish the MVC would ditch the Bracket Buster in favor of a "challenge" like MVC vs. MWC or A-10 or something like that...

You are correct. Look at Butler - how many years in a row have they played at home? And before this year, Creighton played several years in a row at home (at least that's what they said over on ValleyTalk). So, each year that's a new decision. We could be on the road again.

Personally, I wish the MVC would ditch the Bracket Buster in favor of a "challenge" like MVC vs. MWC or A-10 or something like that...

I totally agree.

someone is posting on the other board that DePaul may be on the ISU schedule next season?? That'd be a good one for sure.

We would be at Depaul and they would come here the following season. That is a nice game and a good opportunity for us.

Good for different reasons! We recruit Chicago and have a ton of alum in the area. People in this area still recognize the name from the Ray Meyers days and may put some butts in the seats and it brings a Big East team to the Hulman Center.
:sycamores:

No Butler on the schedule next season

Really! One of the greatest in state rivalries that ISU has and Butler decides not to renew it. Very disappointing! You would like to think Butler enjoyed the attendance figures for this game over the years.

Back