[09.04.07] Nebraska-Kearney (0-0) vs Indiana State (1-0)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smallfont align=middle>NEBRASKA-KEARNEY LOPERS (0-0) vs INDIANA STATE SYCAMORES (1-0)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont align=middle>Sunday, November 4, 2007 - 1:00 pm</TD></TR><TR><TD class=smallfont align=middle>Hulman Center - Terre Haute, IN</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I'm figuring we'll see a much more organized attack this time out. We'll rebound better, we'll defend better, and we'll get better shots, because people will be in their places to run the offense. If we don't see these things, there are going to be some players that are SERIOUSLY in KMac's doghouse!

They got a taste of how hard they have to play, and that they cannot take plays off and expect to be successful. That's a lesson that they'll be learning all year.

To quote Head Coach Tates Locke from the midnight madness my junior year at State, "Stick with us is December and January, 'cause come February, we're gonna be a bitch!"

Turns out he was right then, as they won 9 of their last 10. I look for a similar season this year, but they'll come along more quickly and will really be hitting their stride by mid-January. The end of this year will be the fun part for us!!!

:sycamores:ISU 80:sycamores:
UNK 64

ISU wins 90-61, sounds like they played a little better, but still have work to do, anyone go who can provide us with more details??

Sounded like the young guys played well.

:sycamores:

The Sycamores looked alot better. Better shooting. Better rebounding, and not as many turnovers. Pretty much all around they looked like alot better team. The only bad news is that Aaron Carter did not play because of an ankle sprain.

Much better performance today. The guys looked as if they are getting more comfortable on offense, and the defense was very nice most of the time. They are still having some lapses, but rather than getting down about it, they are going back and making other plays. The ball movement on offense was a nice surprise, and the guys are really looking for each other. We had some seriously beautiful entry passes into our post men that I haven't seen for the past six or so years. The guys played with intensity, they were working hard on rebounding and they were diving after loose balls, and they were blocking shots.

I know it was just an exhibition game, but they certainly took a step in the right direction. KMac sounded pleased, and I must admit that it was fun to watch. Shoot, we had 47 points at halftime. I've seen a lot of games in the past few years where we didn't score that many points in both halves.

These guys will be fun to watch, once everything becomes second nature to them.

Lamar Lee and Isiah Martin were players of the game, as they each had 16 points. They will both be fun to watch!!!

How long will AC be out?

Coach doesn't want to rush him back...I'd guess he may be available by the next game though. Though he had a boot on at the game my guess would be that it was only precautionary. He wasn't walking like he was in pain.

PS: It was a good overall trip though I wasn't there long enough to get to the Ballyhoo or eat a square donut. Hopefully I'll have more time next time around to get to those places. It was a little awkward riding back on the bus w/ the team that my bro's team had just dismantled. The Lopers were in decent spirits on the bus though...they're a young team and I wouldn't bet against them bouncing back and having a decent season despite their youth.

Last edited:
LE, let me know if you will attend the CU, DU, or UNI games up here, I don't live too far from you, so could make those games, esp. the CU game since it's on a Sat.

Coach doesn't want to rush him back...I'd guess he may be available by the next game though. Though he had a boot on at the game my guess would be that it was only precautionary. He wasn't walking like he was in pain.

PS: It was a good overall trip though I wasn't there long enough to get to the Ballyhoo or eat a square donut. Hopefully I'll have more time next time around to get to those places. It was a little awkward riding back on the bus w/ the team that my bro's team had just dismantled. The Lopers were in decent spirits on the bus though...they're a young team and I wouldn't bet against them bouncing back and having a decent season despite their youth.

LE, let me know if you will attend the CU, DU, or UNI games up here, I don't live too far from you, so could make those games, esp. the CU game since it's on a Sat.

CU and DU for sure...Wichita is for sure as well as that is on a Saturday also. UNI is up in the air as it's during the week if I remember right. When you say you live close where do you mean? In other words, may you want to carpool to Des Moines? I definitely don't feel like going solo. There may be some Creighton guys that want to go if there's no conflict...I do think there is a CU game that night though.

I pass thru Omaha on my way to Des Moines, I am too far from Wichita though. So I could go to Drake and CU for sure. send me a private message and I'll send my e-mail to you.

CU and DU for sure...Wichita is for sure as well as that is on a Saturday also. UNI is up in the air as it's during the week if I remember right. When you say you live close where do you mean? In other words, may you want to carpool to Des Moines? I definitely don't feel like going solo. There may be some Creighton guys that want to go if there's no conflict...I do think there is a CU game that night though.

Back