'10 IL SG Mike McCall (St. Louis Verbal)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

ISUCC

The Odum Level
MIKEMCCALL7_23200.JPG

Shooting guard
Chicago (IL) Foreman HS
AAU: Chicago Elite LNO

Ht: 6-foot-0
Wt: 165 lbs

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
According to Scout.com, in addition to the Sycamores, McCall holds offers from Texas A&M, Washington State, Southern Illinois, Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, and Wichita State.

If he is really a SG, I'm not interested in any 6-foot shooting guards. He'd really have to be lights out.

Considered a three-star prospect at Rivals. Ranked 140th in the Rivals 150 for 2010. Rated the 33rd best shooting guard by Rivals, too.

Kid has seemed to blow up. Now has offers from Cal, Dayton, St. Louis, UNLV, Virginia, Xavier, Northern Illinois, Southern Illinois, Texas A&M and Indiana State.

I hear we're on him hard! His summer has opened up many doors, but we're still in the mix. Outside chance, but still a chance...:pray:

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

Class of 2010 Chicago Foreman star Mike McCall of the Illinois Heat drew quite a crowd both in Orlando for the SuperShowcase, and also in Merrillville for the ChicagoHoops.com End of Season Showdown. Kevin McKenna of Indiana State and Rick Majerus of St. Louis were highly visible at McCall's games in Merrillville. California was also actively tracking McCall in Merrillville along with Drake, and Illinois State who are also making strong pushes to land McCall, who solidified his postion as one of the top prospects in the Illinois Class of 2010.
http://www.chicagohoops.com/articles1/brianstinnette600.html

Mike McCall – Illinois Heat – McCall needed to use July as a springboard to high major offers and never seemed to play consistently enough to do so. I heard he was great in the opening game of the tournament, but he came out flat when I saw him. If he can up the consistency on his jumper and limit turnovers he could be really good. Indiana State is recruiting McCall intensely.
Blurb from a recent Scout article.

MIKE McCALL, 6-1, PG/2G, Chicago (Foreman)
The Hoops Report has long been a big fan of McCall as he's been among the Hoops Report's top 10 prospects in the class for two years. He can shoot the basketball, can break people down and has terrific court vision. He also plays with a motor and will defend. What is keeping McCall from being a coveted high-major prospect is he's not a true point guard (more of a combo guard) at this time and he lacks the ideal size and great athleticism high-major schools look for in a 2-guard.

Hoops Report Analysis: Cal and Texas A & M continue to keep McCall on their radar but have yet to offer. The serious players include Indiana State, Illinois State, Saint Louis and Detroit right now. McCall, who just recently visited Illinois State, is an ideal player in the Missouri Valley, Conference USA, WAC or Atlantic 10. "I'm looking at the education of the school and the opportunity to play right away," says McCall of his future college destination. "Everything went real cool on my visit to Illinois State."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/hoopsreport/2009/08/where_do_the_uncommitted_stand.html

Mike McCall, 6-1 rising senior point guard, Foreman (IL): McCall, the second of Foreman’s point guards, did nothing spectacular, but everything solid–including distributing the rock, playing intense D, hitting the occasional outside J, getting into the lane at will, making good decisions with the ball and finishing at the basket–which justified, in my mind, the high-major coaches watching his every move.
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2009/07/road-trip/

Yikes. In reading several of these recruit updates, it looks like Illinois State could really land a big time class. At least four of the kids we're after all seem to be favoring them.

Yikes. In reading several of these recruit updates, it looks like Illinois State could really land a big time class. At least four of the kids we're after all seem to be favoring them.
Yeah, it's a bit scary. McCall, Threloff and Jackson all seem like Ill State candidates. Then they've offered a bunch of other prospects, too.

6-0 G Mike McCall - Chicago Foreman (Illinois)

One of the breakout performers of this past spring/summer, the skilled perimeter talent from Illinois turned in a number of solid performances that landed interest from a number of schools. McCall can score the basketball, has decent handles, and stands to be one of the most recruited Midwest guards in the 2010 class as things move forward. The perimeter talent has interest coming from the Pac 10, Big 12, Missouri Valley, and Big East amongst others.

http://www.ny2lasports.com/Midwest2010prospectsontheboard.htm

6-0 G Mike McCall - Chicago Foreman (Illinois)

One of the breakout performers of this past spring/summer, the skilled perimeter talent from Illinois turned in a number of solid performances that landed interest from a number of schools. McCall can score the basketball, has decent handles, and stands to be one of the most recruited Midwest guards in the 2010 class as things move forward. The perimeter talent has interest coming from the Pac 10, Big 12, Missouri Valley, and Big East amongst others.

http://www.ny2lasports.com/Midwest2010prospectsontheboard.htm

We've got to press for this kid. I'd like him or Clarkson as a combo guard for us.

It appears as if the cat may be out of the bag concerning the admiration that 6'1 class of 2010 shooting guard Mike McCall from Foreman High School in Chicago has for a certain Big East program. In fact, what others are now saying directly coincides with what a source who is extremely close to McCall's recruitment told us back in June--that if this school were to offer McCall a scholarship that he would jump at the opportunity. With that being said, we need to emphasize that it in NO WAY means that school is going to come forward with an offer to McCall.

http://ilprepbullseye.com/page20.html
The team McCall apparently is in love with is DePaul. However, it appears DePaul is in love with Jerian Grant, who has DePaul in his top 3 along with Notre Dame and Virginia. If DePaul would lose Grant, look for McCall to get an offer and that would really hurt State's chances.

The team McCall apparently is in love with is DePaul. However, it appears DePaul is in love with Jerian Grant, who has DePaul in his top 3 along with Notre Dame and Virginia. If DePaul would lose Grant, look for McCall to get an offer and that would really hurt State's chances.

Guess we better hope that DePaul lands Grant. I believe McCall is the main target for ISU with McKenna going to see him on several occasions. I think that is what I read on here somewhere.

Back