'11 IN PF Justin Gant (11/12/2010, LOI)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

B

bm78sycamore

Justin%20Gant.jpg

Power Forward
Terre Haute (IN) Terre Haute North Vigo
AAU: Spiece Select

Ht: 6-foot-8
Wt: 210 lbs
GPA: 3.6

Profiles: ESPN | Rivals | Scout

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
He does look solid and has a lot of potential...
I hope he doesn't go the way of Josh McRoberts and become a fast break dunk machine and actually works on his fundamentals...which I think he will

watch out for the indy schools recruit

if anybody sees the lawrence north basketball coaching staff hanging around, chase them out. they've already recruited enough tall terre haute talent to indy over the past few years (oden, spicer, russell). the people in terre haute better keep them away because the ihsaa turns a blind eye to indy schools recruiting players from other cities.

watch out for the indy schools recruiters

if anybody sees the lawrence north basketball coaching staff hanging around, chase them out. they've already recruited enough tall terre haute talent to indy over the past few years (oden, spicer, russell). the people in terre haute better keep them away because the ihsaa turns a blind eye to indy schools recruiting players from other cities.

I have a good inside connection on Gant and while I have not heard the offer from State yet, he was offered, nearly 6 months ago, a scholly from Bradley. Justin has been doing quite well this summer and with his body still growing and maturing he should be a real force for the Patriots of Terre Haute North. They are going to have one of the best frontcourts in the state for the next two years with Gant and Anderson.

I spoke with my connection again last evening and confirmed the offer from State. However, it seems that Gant has 4 main schools he's talking with right now or rather 4 schools who have hit him the hardest this summer. They include Purdue, IU, Butler and Indiana State. He's only going to be a sophomore so lots of things can change, as I'm sure they will, however it seems that State has a very good chance to land Justin. I was told he would like to play in his home town and by the time he signs his LOI, State may very well be a top choice for lots of players.

I used to know the rules when my daughters were being recruited and I think the only way that can happen is if the player is on campus as an unofficial visit.

Go Justin....
I hope he's ready for this season...I think he and anderson are going to be a handful....I'd like to see 15 wins.....or more, a sectional and vie for a regional

Gant is off to a nice start. 14ppg 6rpg 2 bpg. His Teamate Anderson is also averaging about 13ppg. Good to see locals doing well.

A bit of light viewing...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuQHKkEKfXI[/ame]

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

New Xavier Assistant Travis Steele was in town to look at Gant either earlier this week or late last week. X didn't offer, but I suspect that would change if he had a strong summer.

Butler says that it depends on if they get 2 forwards in their '10 class, if they don't, there will be room for Justin on the Bulldogs.

"Room" huh................mighty nice of the Bulldogies? Any recruit going over there now will end up playing for one or two different coaches before he is done.

Go to butler, gain an attitude. Go to Indiana State, be a part of something special! KMac has this thing moving!!!:wordyo:

Rivals has upgraded the interest in/from Indiana and Xavier to "High." We are still at "Medium." I hope we don't lose this kid...:censored:

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

I am told Gant played very well at the Spiece tournament in Ft. Wayne this past weekend. Also, I can confirm that Xavier is now very interested in Justin as well. No offer, but expect one by the middle of the summer if he continues to play well.

Back