'15 IL PF Emondre Rickman (9/13/2014, LOI)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

After reading this article, I'm now more understanding if Rickman starts as a freshman. Excited to see him play. But I also think he's in for a rude awakening in terms of the level of play in The Valley compared to high school.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
After reading this article, I'm now more understanding if Rickman starts as a freshman. Excited to see him play. But I also think he's in for a rude awakening in terms of the level of play in The Valley compared to high school.

Yes and yes! A rude awakening is in store.

I hope his teammates give him a preview.

I wouldn't discount him too much. I have seen some pretty darn good freshmen through the years. The Fab 5 weren't bad.

Not to discount him at all, no slight to him. The Fab 5 doesn't happen very much, unless you are Calipari at Kentucky and even then he hasn't had a Fab 5 caliber class yet.

I think Rickman is going to be a nice player, I just don't think it will be next year. He will have his moments. I still think the loss of TJ Bell has probably been understated a bit - but as has been mentioned, we must move on. I only mention it to help establish how much I think a lack of experienced Center is going to hurt us this year. People often ask me, "what do you think about ISU Hoops this year?". My answer is usually something to the effect of, well you got as good of guard combo as you will see in the Valley, but the success or failure of this team will depend on our big guys (Rickman, Murph and Niles) and I am not convinced they can carry enough of the load. They have something to prove - we will see how they do!

True. I guess we can hope that our forwards can complement our guards and give us solid play at the other 4 positions.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Back