2020 Offseason Player Movement

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

It's official now. He's headed to BYU.

So do they no longer require their players to mission for them? I remember back in the Shawn Bradley days that was a requirement for everyone that came to the school.

Is Haarms a member of the LDS Church? I don't recall Jim "Pass Me Another Keg" McMahon performing a mission during his playing days

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
A lot of difficult recruiting decisions are being by coaches who are hoping the waivers will be granted in the coming season or thinking it won’t happen until the following season. Plus you have a number of players who are considering going to the NBA or returning to college which delays coaching decisions and that also makes it much more difficult. It’s similar to deciding to make an offer a free agent, letting them sign with another team, or matching the other teams offer as in baseball.

With the NCAA transfer rules and possible anticipated changes, the High Schools 🏫 are pretty much the same with the kinds of movement by players (students?), especially those going to “Academies”!

Huge news in the MVC player transfer realm...

Javon Freeman-Liberty has entered the transfer portal. No longer in the NBA draft conversation and instead is transferring from Valpo.

Huge loss for Valpo. JFL can basically pick the school he wants to attend after his production in NWI. Right when valpo looks like they are turning the corner....

Huge news in the MVC player transfer realm...

Javon Freeman-Liberty has entered the transfer portal. No longer in the NBA draft conversation and instead is transferring from Valpo.

OUCH! I know he was rumored to have been leaving last off-season, so I suppose this isn't a big surprise. Still, I thought with the success they had on the court in the MVC tournament and the tide turning for the better at Valpo that he'd stick around.

From my seat on the couch, he was the most dominant player overall in the MVC. I know Green was the POY, but I think Freeman-Liberty is the better all around player. Huge loss for Valpo.

Purdue’s Nojel Eastern has entered the transfer pool. Great defensive player with zero offense.

What are the chances that the 2020/2021 season isn't even played?
I'd say damn near 0%.

Colleges will find a way to make the next academic year happen and be as business as usual because their entire ecosystem is being threatened. Was reading some stuff this morning about how financial aid applications are down drastically so they will likely have to lower admission standards and take all comers.

I'd say damn near 0%.

Colleges will find a way to make the next academic year happen and be as business as usual because their entire ecosystem is being threatened. Was reading some stuff this morning about how financial aid applications are down drastically so they will likely have to lower admission standards and take all comers.

Or maybe not. Who the fuck knows? LOL

Nojel Eastern from Purdue has entered the transfer portal.

2-time All Big Ten Defensive Team.
Last year, as a junior, averaged 4.9 points and four rebounds and led the team with 85 assists.

I would guess he wants to continue with a high-major team, but if he went the mid-major route, he'd could potentially be a star for that team and conference.

Some more updates:

OXFORD, Miss. -- Arizona State graduate transfer Romello White has landed at Ole Miss, coach Kermit Davis announced Friday.

White, a 6-foot-8 forward, was the No. 2 available graduate transfer in ESPN's rankings.

White averaged 10.2 points and 8.8 rebounds per game for Arizona State last season. He was second in the Pac-12 in rebounding and led the team with 35 blocked shots.

He started 92 of his 95 games over the past three seasons, averaging 9.8 points and 7.0 rebounds. He shot 60.5% from the floor, second on Arizona State's career list.

White is the second graduate transfer the Rebels have added for next season. He joins former Rider guard Dimencio Vaughn.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- UNLV graduate transfer Jonah Antonio says he will join Wake Forest.

The 6-foot-5 guard announced his decision in a social media post Thursday.

Antonio started his career at Mount St. Mary's, spent a year at South Plains College in Texas and then last season with the Runnin' Rebels. The Australian guard averaged 6.9 points as a part-time starter and was second on the team with 53 made 3-pointers, though he shot just 31.5% from behind the arc.

Antonio joins a program being led by new coach Steve Forbes, who left East Tennessee State to replaced fired coach Danny Manning with the Demon Deacons.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Back