2024-2025 Basketball Schedule

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Maybe we will convince the new PAC-12 to do a MVC/Pac-12 challenge in the future. (Probably not) Probably more like Conference USA. Or the new MWC.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
If anyone is planning to attend the game at Ohio State on Dec 29, single game tickets just went on sale on Ticketmaster.

Bring it back! There will still be some solid programs in that league that I'd enjoy seeing us play. Much better than playing low majors and non-D1 schools.
Mountain_West–Missouri_Valley_Challenge_logo.png

Bring it back! There will still be some solid programs in that league that I'd enjoy seeing us play. Much better than playing low majors and non-D1 schools.
View attachment 3092
Maybe it'll come back for the 2026-2027 season.

But make no mistake about it, even if the MWC/MVC Challenge returns, we will ALWAYS (every season, always) have at least one non-D1 team on our schedule. No matter how loud or how often anyone and everyone shouts into the wind about their disdain for having non-D1 teams on our schedule, we will always always always have non-D1 teams on our schedule. We did during the Bird years. We did in the 80s. We did in the 90s. We did in the 2000s before Lansing. We did during the Lansing years. It's something that will never ever change.

Maybe it'll come back for the 2026-2027 season.

But make no mistake about it, even if the MWC/MVC Challenge returns, we will ALWAYS (every season, always) have at least one non-D1 team on our schedule. No matter how loud or how often anyone and everyone shouts into the wind about their disdain for having non-D1 teams on our schedule, we will always always always have non-D1 teams on our schedule. We did during the Bird years. We did in the 80s. We did in the 90s. We did in the 2000s before Lansing. We did during the Lansing years. It's something that will never ever change.

I agree the non-D1's won't ever go away, but substituting a Chicago State or SIU Edwardsville with a UTEP or UNLV would certainly be an upgrade on the schedule.

Do we? I hope you are right but I was under the impression that date was a flex day where CBS could wait and pick from a number of games based on who was the best matchup that late in the year.

Do we? I hope you are right but I was under the impression that date was a flex day where CBS could wait and pick from a number of games based on who was the best matchup that late in the year.
Yes, it's a flex date.

1728570532926.png

Pre-season Kenpom of our non-con opponents…

Florida Atlantic (104)
SIU Edwardsville (321)
Ball State (240)
Chicago State (335)
Southern Indiana (324)
Arkansas State (121)
Iona (205)
Tarleton State (207)
Ohio State (31)

The opening game against FAU in Xenia is now sold out. Only holds about 1200, but considering none of the teams playing have any roots to the area and this is the first time they have every promoted anything like this, nice job by AIA to sell all of the tickets.

The opening game against FAU in Xenia is now sold out. Only holds about 1200, but considering none of the teams playing have any roots to the area and this is the first time they have every promoted anything like this, nice job by AIA to sell all of the tickets.
Any chance it’s on ESPN+?

Looking for two tickets for this game. Anyone have a couple for sale?

Am being told that the opening game against FAU will be streamed here…..

Jason feel free to move this post to the FAU game thread if need be

Back