2024-2025 Basketball Schedule

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

I’m assuming we have some verbal agreements in place, and now that we have a permanent AD we will start to get contracts finalized…………….

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Man that Pentagon event would be ideal then. I'm guessing there's a promoter paying all or part of the expense to bring the teams in. So a free (or deeply discounted), neutral-court game against a quality opponent would have been nice.

Yeah, would have been helpful.

Still have the Nassau Championship MTE that has had solid fields unless we fell out of that, too. Really wish they would announce that either way because I think I'd go.

For those who never review the first post...

11/16 - @ Ball State
11/25 - @ Southern Indiana
11/29 - Baha Mar Nassau Championship
11/30 - Baha Mar Nassau Championship
12/01 - Baha Mar Nassau Championship
12/29 - @ Ohio State

Really good game to get. Don't know what Ohio State did in the portal season but they were ripe for a P5 scalp last year, hopefully it's the same this season

Really good game to get. Don't know what Ohio State did in the portal season but they were ripe for a P5 scalp last year, hopefully it's the same this season
They were a completely different team at the end of last season after they fired Holtman and was one of the teams I was hoping to not face in the NIT.

I expect them to be much improved this year, so this won't be an easy game at all.

Hopefully we put that 90k to good use.

Wasn't it reported a while ago that Bradley/UNI were paying around 60 for Summit/OVC home games?

Believe former coach shared that ISU basketball program received 100k from last year's Michigan State game, for context.

Would love to learn that Ohio State is paying the hotel tab.

That's what the 95k is for.
90K is the reported amount. My point is that if the basketball program receives 10k less from last year's Michigan State game payout, that it would be nice to negotiate add-ons, such as Ohio State paying hotel tab. I realize this is unlikely, as other posters explained that ISU likely lacks negotiating leverage with a P5 school.

Does anyone know if there's a lot of negotiation occuring between coaches in order to complete non-conference schedules? Mildly curious

My guess is that P5 schools dictate terms to mid-majors, & there's sometimes more opportunity to negotiate between comparable schools.

If I was a season ticket holder at Assembly Hall I'd want a partial refund.
In all fairness to IU, Bloomington South and the Marion County YMCA cancelled on them so they had to fill those gaps with whatever team was available.

And then when they win 20 games next year all the announcers will gush over them and they will get an at large with a 71 NET

Back