[Offered/Committed Elsewhere] '21 IN SG Lincoln Hale (Indiana Wesleyan)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I'm a big fan of high school basketball and seeing him already committing here made me extremely happy. Lincoln is probably one of our most skilled guard commits ever. He also is 6'4 which is good size. I was expecting him to go to like IU or Purdue which made me even more happy about him choosing us. Great great addition by the team. Seems like the heir to Tyreke Key.

Congratulations Lincoln! Welcome to ISU and good luck in your academic and athletic careers as a Sycamore!

I'm a big fan of high school basketball and seeing him already committing here made me extremely happy. Lincoln is probably one of our most skilled guard commits ever. He also is 6'4 which is good size. I was expecting him to go to like IU or Purdue which made me even more happy about him choosing us. Great great addition by the team. Seems like the heir to Tyreke Key.

Seems like the heir to Tyreke Key?? Boy I hope you’re right but s l o w down a minute.

We’re talking about Tyreke Key who was probably one of the top 3 players to come out of the state of Tennessee is SR year? The kid broke Tony Delk 25 year single season scoring record.

Not to mention a kid that has a world class work ethic that probably hasn’t been seen here - maybe ever.

So while I’d rather hear that sort of excitement out of fans who’ve seen him play than another reaction - I think you went just a bit too far.

Seems like the heir to Tyreke Key?? Boy I hope you’re right but s l o w down a minute.

We’re talking about Tyreke Key who was probably one of the top 3 players to come out of the state of Tennessee is SR year? The kid broke Tony Delk 25 year single season scoring record.

Not to mention a kid that has a world class work ethic that probably hasn’t been seen here - maybe ever.

So while I’d rather hear that sort of excitement out of fans who’ve seen him play than another reaction - I think you went just a bit too far.

I watched a game online. He was only a soph, but I'd be satisfied with a taller version of Aaron Carter or a Jordan Printy. Of course, 3 years can make a lot of difference. He could also be a shorter version of LaRavia. But, probably not a "Key."

Have only seen him play in clips and short snippets so comparing him to anyone is a reach at this point. But hey what’s the board for if we aren’t going to throw stuff out and debate it. So here we go.

Based on what people have said about him and what I have seen, I see him being in the mold of a Ryan Cline from Carmel. I could see ISU using him in much the same way Purdue did with Cline.

Have only seen him play in clips and short snippets so comparing him to anyone is a reach at this point. But hey what’s the board for if we aren’t going to throw stuff out and debate it. So here we go.

Based on what people have said about him and what I have seen, I see him being in the mold of a Ryan Cline from Carmel. I could see ISU using him in much the same way Purdue did with Cline.

That could work. Or the kid at Butler from Pendleton. I guess it's been mentioned on here before that McDermott is a Darner.

Last edited:
Biggest thing I liked in the recent article is he already knows and accepts what his role will be coming in..that is such an underrated part of college athletics. All of these kids go from being the man or one of two main guys, then so many of them have no clue how to help a team win if they aren't in that role.. Well 80% of players don't come in right away and have that ability to be one of those guys..so what are you going to do to help the team win ? If Hale is a Matt Bohannon from UNI or our own Aaron Carter?? Fantastic!! Most all good teams have a guy like that and are a crucial part of winning games.

I was a fan of AC, but I think I was walking behind him outside Hulman one night and he looked to be about 6'2". Was he not taller than that?

That could work. Or the kid at Butler from Pendleton. I guess it's been mentioned on here before that McDermott is a Darner.

correct -- his mother was a WBB player for Indiana State... just another child of alumni not playing for the Sycamores

Is there a published scouting report on Lincoln. Just curious if someone has something to share. I know his team was pretty good and a 2A school.

there are around 60 or so Indiana HS (boys) players who've scored 2.000 or more points

Congrats Lincoln!

Back