Coach McGuire is at Southeast Missouri State!

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

FORMER SYCAMORE

The White Level
I was looking at the SEMO website the other day and saw that Coach McGuire is the Def. Coordinator. This isn't good for the trees going into next week. I was on the team when Coach McGuire was DC here at ISU. He was relentless. He used to sleep at the office game planning for the upcoming opponent. It will be tough night if Coach McGuire has those kids prepared like he used to have our defense.

On a side note. I wonder how he is taking the last two years watching ISU fall as they have. I wished the university would have supported the team better under Raetz and McGuire, then we wouldn't have to worry or whine about hopefully winning a single game every season. I think one of the biggest things ISU can do right now in looking for a new president is finding one that loves college athletics. I know LB III didn't give a damn.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
wow, I bet Tim is salivating at this opp. to put it to ISU, this should be interesting, IMO this is ISU's last shot for a win in 2007, cuz' they sure aren't going to win any games after SEMO.

Yeah, it's always nice to stick it to your old employer, especially if you feel that you were wronged. In McGuire's case, I'm sure he believes he got the most out of the program he could considering the lack of support from State. Ah well, what can you do?

Hey guys.... heard a rumor that West was going to stay home for this game and serve his one game suspension(from the use of a ineligible player last year). Is this true? Don't you think you would want to be there when your team plays against the former Head Coach?

Hey guys.... heard a rumor that West was going to stay home for this game and serve his one game suspension(from the use of a ineligible player last year). Is this true? Don't you think you would want to be there when your team plays against the former Head Coach?
Yeah, that sounds pretty suspect and weak.

ok, so how many of you on here honestly believe this is ISU's last shot for a win in 2007?? I do, if they don't win here I really believe this will be another winless season for ISU. Thoughts??? All the other teams on the sched. are ranked I think.

West will be at the game in a press box. What if we win without him on the field? I don't think he is head coaching material!

West will be at the game in a press box. What if we win without him on the field? I don't think he is head coaching material!

Let me first say that no one - NO ONE - has been more hopeful for Lou West to be successful at ISU than me. There were many people around the area that wanted him to lose for one reason only. No need to go there here.

That aside, how funny would it be if Hrovat takes over and we win 49-7 or something like that. How many head coaches stay in the press box for every game??? Another ISU first, perhaps? :p

IndyTreeFan....get over yourself! "No need to go there here." You did, by bringing it up. Most people I have talked to since his hiring wasn't upset that he was African American, far from it. They were upset that Andy Meyers hired a coach on the way out instead of waiting a year and letting the new AD choose who he wanted. We former players wished nothing but the best for him and the football team. That's not the point. The point is that he has only won one game and that is all that matters to me and my former teammates. I mean hell we haven't beat an OVC team the last three years. One of which just became a scholarship team. We've got shellacked by a NAIA team that will now take allot of in-state recruits away from us. And of the lone game we won...celebration was cut short because he played an ineligible player and we had to wait and hear from the NCAA on how they were going to penalize us. Oh and we should of had to forfeit that game because he did it knowing that the kid hadn't been approved yet to play. I have to get off this subject before I get too upset. "No need to go there here." Give me a break.

IndyTreeFan....get over yourself! "No need to go there here." You did, by bringing it up. Most people I have talked to since his hiring wasn't upset that he was African American, far from it. Give me a break.

Don't put words in my mouth, buddy. You have no idea what I was talking about. I didn't want to go there, so I didn't. But you obviously feel that since you are all knowing that you can fill in my sentences for me. Good for you. Unfortunately, you are wrong. But I doubt that you'll care about that.

Give me a break... :naughty:

??? OK BUDDY You tell me how any one person could read your statement from above and not think that you are trying to imply that people wanted Coach West to lose because....what was it again? Oh yeah, "one reason only." If that wasn't what you were trying to imply then so be it. No problem. But if people wanted him to lose every game then what was it for? Not being one of the good ole boy's with Indiana ties? Common and say it now. So I don't have to put anything else in your mouth.:jawdrop:

Back