Coaching Replacement

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
If Todd Golden is a real reporter, the first question he needs to ask the new coach is a variation of what Jason has said.

“Coach, the previous coach here said that the school lacked a vision and wasn’t willing to step up and support the program, so why do you want this job?”

I doubt anyone will ask something like this though

Glad we have a coach in place. Glad he's won two D2 National Championships. Hopefully he'll succeed here too.

“USI moved to Division I athletics play in 2023. The Eagles went 44-70 over the past two seasons of Division I play”

Apparently that transition from D2 to D1 has been a little rocky

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.

The guy was running a pretty good program down in USI when they were D2. His worst record was 26-24 in those 13 seasons with a 52-14 and 49-13 season to lead the way. without doing much math it seemed like they were routinely pumping out 35 wins a season. Then they took a step back when they transitioned to D1. Were they not eligible for the post-season during that time like basketball? if that is the case, that would be a tough sell to a recruit that they will NEVER have the chance to play in the NCAA tournament. I doubt too many coaches would be successful in that time period

Were they not eligible for the post-season during that time like basketball? if that is the case, that would be a tough sell to a recruit that they will NEVER have the chance to play in the NCAA tournament. I doubt too many coaches would be successful in that time period
I didn't think about that, but that is absolutely the case. Tarleton State won the WAC tournament, but GCU got the conferences autobid because Tarleton is still on their DII transition. USI started their transition around the same time so they would be ineligible as well, and as you mentioned that kills your recruiting for 5 years

Back