Do you like what's going on?

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

So I’ll preface by saying I’m part of the problem. My first game this year was Belmont. I hadn’t been in person for several years. I’m firmly back on the bandwagon. This might be a dumb question but are we selling player jerseys or tee shirts NIL? All I saw were Bird jerseys.

Class of ‘96

I've not seen them online anywhere and I've only seen Fanatics selling former players.

My guess is that until NIL resides at the University level, it's probably not something they can track to disperse payments to players. For example, the school gets their merch checks from whomever they license out to but I believe they just pay a flat fee for mark usage rights through CLC. Even then, it may not be something we see unless we grow. I just did some Googling and it appears the NFL licenses players to vendors in groups of 6 and the royalty rate is 20% per the NFLPA link I found, for example. So for a vendor to take the risk on making jerseys, they'd need to have a pretty large guarantee for sales. Probably not something we're going to see anytime soon.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Bringing this up, signed up for monthly donations tonight. I am envious I couldn’t be in attendance tonight. Hell, our new mayor is advocating more for ISU athletics than our current leadership on Twitter!

Just did some more googling, @IllianaOne. It looks like there is a place where you can get custom jerseys if your school signs up for it.

No Indiana State merch. 😞 Does anyone have insight on how we can make this happen? I’d like to see a bunch of player’s jerseys at the games. We need to pay to retain our stars.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
No Indiana State merch. 😞 Does anyone have insight on how we can make this happen? I’d like to see a bunch of player’s jerseys at the games. We need to pay to retain our stars.

If you look at the top, there is a Collectives Signup link. So I would assume Crossroad of Champions would need to reach out to them.

Back