[February 7, 2024] Indiana State (20-3) vs Valparaiso (6-17)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

If anything was disappointing last night and I don't know if it's fair to blame enrollment but man I've got a hard time believing it has something to do with it - our student turnout wasn't that great last night. I don't even think all of the lower seats were filled. Imagine, having one of the top 27 teams in the country and not wanting to go to the game as a student on campus right now... They should be lining up at the doors at 4 p.m. with a solo cup in one hand. The core group that has been going all year has been fantastic - don't get me wrong. But the energy as a whole is nothing like when the legendary Tommy Lynch had things rolling.

While I agree, this is becoming a numbers thing. If we only have 5000 full-time undergrads and in looking at that enrollment summary, it is dominated by the upper class. Between working, night classes, etc... the pool of people that can attend is probably even smaller.

It's a helluva lot easier to fill that when you have 10k undergrads. Lets hope the basketball team success sparks application interest so it can help remedy its own problem.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
If anything was disappointing last night and I don't know if it's fair to blame enrollment but man I've got a hard time believing it has something to do with it - our student turnout wasn't that great last night. I don't even think all of the lower seats were filled. Imagine, having one of the top 27 teams in the country and not wanting to go to the game as a student on campus right now... They should be lining up at the doors at 4 p.m. with a solo cup in one hand. The core group that has been going all year has been fantastic - don't get me wrong. But the energy as a whole is nothing like when the legendary Tommy Lynch had things rolling.
Do all I can here...just think it's where we are right now. I bring up the basketball team in a class of 30 business majors and crickets. I've tried to explain the significance of what is going on...more crickets.

Do all I can here...just think it's where we are right now. I bring up the basketball team in a class of 30 business majors and crickets. I've tried to explain the significance of what is going on...more crickets.
Man, wish I had you as a professor! We might lose all 50 minutes talking about this team and make them listen to it!

It's probably worth noting... Valpo hadn't given up over 87 points all season and the only time they did was to Illinois...

We just obliterated that mark.

Re: student section last night...for what it's worth they looked and sounded great on tv. Looked packed (even if it wasn't).

Re: student section last night...for what it's worth they looked and sounded great on tv. Looked packed (even if it wasn't).

I mean don't get me wrong it wasn't bad... That students that have been showing up have been all-in.. This isn't about them. I'm just saying when it was really good they were close to filling up the upper deck seating with students. It makes a HUGE difference.

I mean don't get me wrong it wasn't bad... That students that have been showing up have been all-in.. This isn't about them. I'm just saying when it was really good they were close to filling up the upper deck seating with students. It makes a HUGE difference.
I wouldn’t be opposed to them doing the “1,000 student ticket” giveaway for the remaining games on the year. Create a sense of demand for them and play a little mind game on getting butts in seats

I just wonder if the majority of the regular students are confused by the Forest. I wonder if maybe they have the perception that only members get in free. Seems like the Forest is there weekly but the other 7000 students do not. Really needs to be recruitment within the dorms, fraternities, and sororities to get those students to attend the remaining games. It seems like they are missing out on a great part of college life. Also, could be that they know that they have to sit upstairs. We all know though that there really are no bad seat in HC.

Back