ISU at Louisville

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
OMG, I have NEVER seen a more pathetic ISU team in all my life, there is no sense of excitement or urgency in this team at all. It's beyond pathetic and sad. Unbelieveable folks. This team may not even beat DePauw, that's how bad they look

21-3 we look worse than normal. This team would get beat by a high school team. They're absolutely AWFUL

Someone needs to teach Tyler how to dribble...and shoot...and pass... He dribbles off of his feet all the time. 50-17 at half. So awful, wow.

FIFTY to SEVENTEEN at halftime!?!?!?!

man oh man, I mean words can not describe how bad, embarassing, pathetic that was.

Sorry folks, I just don't get it, what has happened to ISU sports??

Unfortunate, but kinda brings flashback memories of some of the football games that we recently witnessed?

except cross country and track, those 2 sports have been the ONLY consistently good and competitive sports at ISU for the past 25 years. Everything else, good lord!

Not just football, hell, ISU sucks bigtime at all sports now.

except cross country and track, those 2 sports have been the ONLY consistently good and competitive sports at ISU for the past 25 years. Everything else, good lord!

Well, since those are good, ISU should go ahead and cut them. Seems they do that with the talented programs.

And to make things better this is one of five games Fox Sports radio keeps giving updates on, so everyone around the country listening to the radio gets to know just how bad we are.

This really might be an all time low point for ISU sport's two most high profile teams, football and men's basketball. When you hear a score like that you can't help but wonder if things will ever improve. I don't expect to beat Louisville, but at least compete. Don't lose 100 to 34!

This is a case of men vs. boys. I know we are young and only have one senior, and in most cases we are playing two transfer students, and at least one sophomore and one true freshman, but still......

We have made sloppy passes, picked up our dribble, tried to hard to play their style. What bothers me most is our defense. We have given up way to many easy looks inside. You could drive a Buick through the holes in our zone.

My question is this,.....Am I the only one who thought when we hired McKenna that we would see some Creighton style bball? I guess by the second year I thought we would see a little more uptempo and press, etc. We just still seem to be the walk it up the court, dribble around team we were under Waltman, just without the defense.

Last edited:

By the way, after hearing all this talk about Cole Holstrom, I would say cut more players. If this is the best effort they can give let them go. You get a scholarship to come to ISU and compete at the Div. 1 level. If you can't then you need to go!

the TV announcers are talking about how bad they feel for ISU, sad.

The only 2 people I have seen hustle at all for ISU today have been Carter and Cutter, Cutter may be like a little gnat out there running around but the kid does HUSTLE, he doesn't let up at all no matter what the score it. It's too bad the rest of the team doesn't perform the same way.

it's gonna be a long, long, long, long season for us ISU fans. Anyone think this team will win even 5 games against D-I competition? I really don't think they can, or will.

Like I said in another post, can we just fast forward to 2009, 2008 has been probably the worst year in the history of ISU athletics, period.

Cutter will be a player. He just has to learn. ISUCC is right, he played harder than anyone on the floor, all the way to the end. He is not the problem. All the things that I have heard people complain about with Cutter can be fixed, and I believe will be. Like everything else, it will take time, and considering most of us have watched ISU lose in basktball for many years now, none of us feel like waiting 'till next year.....

Golden got to the game late and blogged anyway.

Even he says he has NEVER witnessed as bad a game as he saw out of ISU today. Totally non-motivated, careless, continuing to make the same mistakes over and over and over again, they didn't learn a da*n thing today.

here's the report
http://blogs.tribstar.com/downinthevalley/?p=134

I second what Bent20 says:

"By the way, after hearing all this talk about Cole Holstrom, I would say cut more players. If this is the best effort they can give let them go. You get a scholarship to come to ISU and compete at the Div. 1 level. If you can't then you need to go!"

No further comment necessary!

if you want to look at some horrifying numbers look at the game stats, once again ISU was utterly dominated on the boards. ISU shot 28% from the field, 16% from 3 point range.

Halloween was in Oct. right?

http://www.gosycamores.com/pdf4/356563.pdf?ATCLID=3629148&SPSID=65149&SPID=7259&DB_OEM_ID=15200

this team is jinxed, it's high time these players say to themselves "WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE", get MAD and freakin' go out and win a game, just so they can know what it's like to win. If I were on this team I would be PI**ED!! Someone has GOT to step up and take control. Noone is doing it, it was OBVIOUS during the game today.

Last edited:
Back