ISU at Northern Illinois

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Not that I doubt you, but where did you see their fans saying that? I checked their scout forum and while there are a lot of posts it looks like no one goes there. I'm sure it will be ugly.

My feeling is that we get into the end zone this week, and we give up less than 500 yards of offense to NIU. Baby steps...:pray:

the ISU at NIU game notes are up on the ISU site now.

Link

hopefully ISU can score a TD this week! Don't forget the game is on TV (comcast sportsnet chicago)

7-0 NIU, NIU getting ready to score again after the blocked punt. NIU FG good, 10-0 NIU

Apparently they've renamed Memorial Stadium, the announcers for ISU are calling it by another name, anyone know what the new name of ISU's FB stadium is? I couldn't decipher the new name.

Last edited:
I am watching this on ESPN360, and Dowdell fumbled AGAIN!!!! The offense is still really, really sad...

when Golden posts stuff like this

"It’s getting worse. NIU moved the ball as if ISU wasn’t on the field, covering 43 yards in just 4 plays, culminating in a 6-yard Grady run. NIU gained 20, 14, and 13 yards to get into scoring position and even spotted ISU a holding penalty. ISU’s defense is clearly tired, because that was the worst drive an opponent has had all season."

it's going to be a long season for ISU, I really don't think they can even win at home vs. SEMO next week. Not too much positive out of this game so far other than the long FG to end the first half.

You're right though Indy, this is really, really, really sad.

it's going to be a long season for ISU, I really don't think they can even win at home vs. SEMO next week. Not too much positive out of this game so far other than the long FG to end the first half.

I actually expect a win next week. We really need to get the quarterback/turnover problem settled. I don't care who the QB is, but they've really got to stop giving the ball away...:naughty:

I actually expect a win next week. We really need to get the quarterback/turnover problem settled. I don't care who the QB is, but they've really got to stop giving the ball away...:naughty:

Dowdell really made some poor decisions today, I thought. Hopefully, he can settle down a bit at home. When he does run he needs to hold onto the ball. Beyond that we need our lineman to keep the defense from tipping passes and we need our receivers to hold onto the ball. We had at least two tips at the line today and several drops, including one that went for a pick.

I am watching this on ESPN360, and Dowdell fumbled AGAIN!!!! The offense is still really, really sad...
Know how you feel we were there once and it's not fun.Hopefully you have a good coach in place now and good assistants.It takes a while that's all I can say and a lot of patients.Good luck the rest of the year!

I'm hoping the team has "patience" and not "patients", ISU doesn't need any more hospital patients!

Sorry to nitpick on the spelling NIU99, just having some fun there.

Know how you feel we were there once and it's not fun.Hopefully you have a good coach in place now and good assistants. It takes a while that's all I can say and a lot of patients. Good luck the rest of the year!

I'm hoping the team has "patience" and not "patients", ISU doesn't need any more hospital patients!

Sorry to nitpick on the spelling NIU99, just having some fun there.
Never could spel:bigsmile:

Good luck

Good luck to ISU the remainder of this season. I thought Sycamores showed promise for the years ahead.

NIU was once in shoes like yours ten years ago with a 23 game losing streak.

Keep the faith, support your team and coaches. There will be many speed bumps on the highway to success. Anything worth achieving is rarely fast or easy.

Game outcome aside, I hope you found your visit to NIU a positive experience filled with game day fun.

If the ISU admin is serious & wants football to be successful, leadership must commit resources necessary to change the paradigm.

Last edited:

Cyberdawg,

Thanks for the comment!

I mentioned to my mother as we were walking in to Huskie stadium that the NIU experience was one of the best I had experienced.

You guys create a great atmosphere. I loved the stadium, although the ramp to get up to our seats was extremely long and difficult for my 84 year old grandpa. The ushers would not let us enter into the lower ramp. That bothered me, but that was just one person.

The Sycamores will get better.

Back