ISU at SEMO

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
SycamoreVision request don't offer a service that you can not provide

In todays recruiting not a very good way to promote your program and the all I can say about the KROC radio broadcast is that it is TOTALLY A CROCK
I would like a total refund if your site continues to mislead and have continued technical problems. I was interested in tonights womens game against SEMO that has been promoted this week on Sycamores.com. I have paid my $55 and was signed in to the game tonight and right before tipoff the game was pulled off the board. This service had very little problems last season other than the pop ups during live game action but hell you can't even get logged on this year. Very frustrating

Please fill free to forward the above post

To any other site that atleast have the courtesy to respond on what appears to be significant issues in bringing the womens games across the internet whether it's thru SycamoreVision or the new and not improved radio broadcast team of the Kroc

that's sad to hear, that the radio link didn't work, I wonder what the issues were?

The women did win 75-72 over SEMO, their 2nd road win in a row.

stats link is here
http://gosoutheast.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2008-2009/semo5.html

In todays recruiting not a very good way to promote your program and the all I can say about the KROC radio broadcast is that it is TOTALLY A CROCK
I would like a total refund if your site continues to mislead and have continued technical problems. I was interested in tonights womens game against SEMO that has been promoted this week on Sycamores.com. I have paid my $55 and was signed in to the game tonight and right before tipoff the game was pulled off the board. This service had very little problems last season other than the pop ups during live game action but hell you can't even get logged on this year. Very frustrating

Does anyone know why freshman Kayla Mullins has not been playing. All of the freshmen have been given playing time but I have noticed the last two games she has not been in. Any info on this?

Crock

Hey Guys,

I am the radio announcer for the women's team. This was not the Crock's fault. The Crock's internet stream was up and running fine at crock927.com. My father listened to the game in Northern Indiana.

If you logged into gosycamores.com, that was SEMO's problem for not properly streaming the game.

From now on, you can log onto crock927.com and click Listen Live. That should work for you.

Great win for the ladies. A career high for Leah Phillips with 27 points. A total team win!

See everyone at the Hulman Center on Tuesday!

I am telling you you are wrong crock92.7 was not working when you clicked on it the commercial plays for the car and then it says status closed it was not working for me either so just because it was for your dad does not mean it worked for everyone

It didn't work for me either

I had such high hopes for the new improved commercial station for the Lady Sycamores.

I listened to the broadcast on the radio on my way home from out of town. The quality of the audio is HORRIBLE - much worse than it ever was on WISU. You can barely hear the game, but when it comes to commercial breaks, you have to race to turn down the volume before getting "This is Buddddd....wiser" blasted in your ear.

When I got home, I wanted to switch to the internet feed of the station, but it wasn't working. I missed the first 10 minutes of the second half trying to get the stupid internet feed to work.

I sure hope the Crock listens and gets the kinks worked out instead of insisting it didn't happen.

Unless this problem gets fixed quickly, the sponsors for the womens' games are not going to be very happy! Wasted advertising money...upset sponsor!

No kidding. Even though the sponsors did it to help expand the coverage of the women's game, it wasn't an inexpensive proposition by any stretch of the imagination and I can't imagine they will be happy if the problems aren't addressed.

Here is the response I received for the non-streaming video.....

The following response is provided:

Dear XXXXXXXXXXX, I apologize for this inconvenience. We have been working with the school to resolve what ever issues have caused the problems this year and hope to have the games up and streaming properly for the future. Thank you, Les, JumpTV Fan Support

Radio Coverage

I am sorry to hear about the technical problems last night. I do not work for the Crock. I have already contacted them this morning to try and get this problem corrected. There are zero excuses for this not to be a top notch broadcast. I do my best to prepare for each game to provide the best description of the game to you. I just do not have anything to do with the technical side of the broadcast.

I will do my best to make sure the game on Tuesday night sounds great. This team is young and exciting and we will get this problem corrected.

Go Sycamores!

Brent Holl

It was most definately not working. Just like someone else said, car commercial then nothing. Just said closed.

I found the SEMO broadcast. Absolutely no problems with it. Ran smoothly from about halfway through the first half, once I found it, till I shut it off after their post game interviews. BTW, they were very complimentary of our team and couldn't stop talking about our speed.

Brent,

You do a nice job but it is hard to hear on the radio and the internet feed is horrible. Even when it is "working" you have to refresh it constantly.

Does anyone know why freshman Kayla Mullins has not been playing. All of the freshmen have been given playing time but I have noticed the last two games she has not been in. Any info on this?

Honestly, I just don't think she is better than the other ones right now, in the limited time I have seen her play. I think she'll be alright before it's over though. She is also behind some very experienced players who have logged a lot of minutes in their career.

Last edited:
Thanks Brent for your honesty and effort

I trust that everything will get up to speed soon. It was a nice broadcast from SEMO radio I found out that Kelsie Luna was also known as LITTLE ORPHAN ANNIE. I would not be too upset with the lack of playing time for Kayla it's early in the season and sometimes it takes time for things to shakeout. She just has to stay positive and when she gets an opportunity be ready

You hit the nail on the head true blue in her limited time that you have seen her play, how would anyone know how she plays because of her limited time.I do think she is as good if not better than the other freshmen, she just needs a chance. I agree she is behind some very experience players who have logged many minutes in their career, but don't you think that a coach would want players with experience back after the upperclassmen leave hmmmmmmmmmm maybe something for the coach to think about Give Ms. Mullins a chance like you have given the other freshmen

Perhaps it is how she practices. I have no way of knowing that, but from what I have seen over the years, Coach plays everyone. There are several roles to be played on that team and she will find her niche.....I would start w/ practicing and shooting extra shots.

I am sure Kayla will see playing time soon. The way it sounded, SEMO had tremendous speed and was a very good offensive team. The freshmen that did play were in there for their speed and defense. Also the height of some of the freshman is a definite plus for this team. Kayla is not the only one who has not seen minutes in a game, and the others are not only freshmen. Coach knows what goes on at practice and what he needs for each game. What we see on the court is not always the entire picture. She needs to keep giving her all at practice and things will fall into place. A very good win last night against a very solid team on the road. Sounded like the girls out there gave it their all and left it all on the court. Couldn't ask for more. Hope to see everyone on Tuesday. It will be another tough game. They need our support.

You hit the nail on the head true blue in her limited time that you have seen her play, how would anyone know how she plays because of her limited time.I do think she is as good if not better than the other freshmen, she just needs a chance. I agree she is behind some very experience players who have logged many minutes in their career, but don't you think that a coach would want players with experience back after the upperclassmen leave hmmmmmmmmm maybe something for the coach to think about Give Ms. Mullins a chance like you have given the other freshmen

Your right. I am not a basketball expert and have seen her play very little, but don't you think that if she was as good or better than the other players she would be playing? Maybe she is and just having a hard time picking up the system?

As far as experience after the upperclassmen leave. They are! Schoen, Mattox, Thomas play huge minutes and Pedro, Jarrett, and Burton have been playing fairly regularly. Kelsie Cooley didn't play much last year but is a starter and key contributor this year. Division 1 basketball is a huge jump for most freshman. She maybe having a harder time adjusting than the rest.

Last edited:
true blue I am not an expert on basketball either maybe she is having a hard time picking up the system but I just don't understand for instance at the detroit game Jarrett did not play at all then next game she gets some good minutes just a lot of inconsistency that I don't understand We will be patient and see what happens. I agree also Division 1 is a huge jump but from what I have heard Ms. Mullins is as hard as a worker as you will find So we will be patient and just see..... Good Luck sycamores on Tues

Last edited:
Back