ISU Baseball 2023 thread

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Yeah, they are literally like Liberty where they just print donor money. Go to their athletics website and see how many sports they sponsor between official and club sports. It's like 30+ -- they've got a literal money printer.
They do, agree, but it’s not the norm dropping every sport to D-2 with the exception of baseball. Southern Baptist $$ is flowing into this educational institution

I just did a booking.com search on 20 rooms for 30 adults over friday/sat/sun and both the holiday inn and hampton inn returned results

ISU (the administration) deserves everything they're getting on social media. People are outraged because they are all fully behind this team and want this team to make the CWS. Even some of my local friends that have never rooted for ISU in anything are pulling for us now.

I'd say the frustration is compounded by ISU being completely incompetent for well over 40 years now. If they want people around here to take ISU Athletics seriously they need to start acting like we're actually a Division 1 program and that they have two brain cells to rub together.
I don’t care about our administration right now. My comments are 100% to give my support to the players, coaches, staff, former players, alumni, and supporters. I know these people and have great respect for them. Without Coach Hannahs, I wouldn’t have been a Sycamore. That man gave a kid with little, if any, D1 talent an opportunity to be a Sycamore and he didn’t have to give me the opportunity to live out my dream of playing for ISU. Without Coach Smiley, I don’t have the job I have now. So yeah, I care and support this university’s athletics and want more success for all athletics. The administration let us all down. But my comments are to rally behind this team, not the administration. But when support leaves because the administration, athletics are even further behind. The coaches and players are still the same.

If I had my say, athletics would carry this university and we wouldn’t pass on any opportunity that put our athletics at an advantage. But our current administration doesn’t have those same ideas. But I’m not letting that ruin what our baseball program has and can accomplish.

We had the opportunity to have an home field advantage and now we are climbing up hill before we even get to Fort Worth. But we live by the motto, “Any place, any time, any where.” TCU isn’t going to feel sorry for us come Friday. We are two wins for Omaha and I’m behind this program to go get the job done where ever we play.

I don’t care about our administration right now. My comments are 100% to give my support to the players, coaches, staff, former players, alumni, and supporters. I know these people and have great respect for them. Without Coach Hannahs, I wouldn’t have been a Sycamore. That man gave a kid with little, if any, D1 talent an opportunity to be a Sycamore and he didn’t have to give me the opportunity to live out my dream of playing for ISU. Without Coach Smiley, I don’t have the job I have now. So yeah, I care and support this university’s athletics and want more success for all athletics. The administration let us all down. But my comments are to rally behind this team, not the administration. But when support leaves because the administration, athletics are even further behind. The coaches and players are still the same.

If I had my say, athletics would carry this university and we wouldn’t pass on any opportunity that put our athletics at an advantage. But our current administration doesn’t have those same ideas. But I’m not letting that ruin what our baseball program has and can accomplish.

We had the opportunity to have an home field advantage and now we are climbing up hill before we even get to Fort Worth. But we live by the motto, “Any place, any time, any where.” TCU isn’t going to feel sorry for us come Friday. We are two wins for Omaha and I’m behind this program to go get the job done where ever we play.
You are absolutely right, and in a few days I will feel the same. But for today and tomorrow and possibly Wednesday I will remain pissed that my alma mater continues to think small.

Tonight is a night I’m embarrassed for the university and I don’t like feeling like that. And I don’t like the people who continue to do more to hurt the university and its name than lift it up. And it’s sad that it sure seems like every time we get a little bit of momentum we find a way to stall it.

You are absolutely right, and in a few days I will feel the same. But for today and tomorrow and possibly Wednesday I will remain pissed that my alma mater continues to think small.

Tonight is a night I’m embarrassed for the university and I don’t like feeling like that. And I don’t like the people who continue to do more to hurt the university and its name than lift it up. And it’s sad that it sure seems like every time we get a little bit of momentum we find a way to stall it.
I completely understand the frustration, and trust me I’m frustrated and gutted for all of us. Our administration has to get its head out of the sand and use athletic success to the advantages it creates. I’m guessing this decision was out of our athletic departments hands and from the top. Our athletic department is just taking for fall for the top. Clinkscale is on the committee and is a baseball guy, he doesn’t want this on his resume and it’s probably out of his control. President Curtis, please come to the podium. A lot of people are waiting.

I completely understand the frustration, and trust me I’m frustrated and gutted for all of us. Our administration has to get its head out of the sand and use athletic success to the advantages it creates. I’m guessing this decision was out of our athletic departments hands and from the top. Our athletic department is just taking for fall for the top. Clinkscale is on the committee and is a baseball guy, he doesn’t want this on his resume and it’s probably out of his control. President Curtis, please come to the podium. A lot of people are waiting.
She could give a shit. “Class, It’s Time To Pay Attention” she’s a glorified teacher

Honestly only way to put a bandage over this is if the guys go get Two at TCU. Let’s go State!
That’s what I keep telling myself and I will be thrilled if we make it happen and got to the CWS.
But in all reality, it still doesn’t replace the opportunity to pack the Bob and create memories that last forever. The opportunity to tell recruits we can host a SUPER Regional right here in TH. Gosh damn it, I thought I had moved on…🙃

That’s what I keep telling myself and I will be thrilled if we make it happen and got to the CWS.
But in all reality, it still doesn’t replace the opportunity to pack the Bob and create memories that last forever. The opportunity to tell recruits we can host a SUPER Regional right here in TH. Gosh damn it, I thought I had moved on…🙃
Losing out on all that free advertising should be a fireable offense. The university president needs to go.

Yeah, they are literally like Liberty where they just print donor money. Go to their athletics website and see how many sports they sponsor between official and club sports. It's like 30+ -- they've got a literal money printer.
When I was there, it was just a dinky college that offered a close by night school schedule. What was awesome was when they joined The Valley. Got to watch my family pitcher who was a starter for State.

She could give a shit. “Class, It’s Time To Pay Attention” she’s a glorified teacher
These issues start and end with her. Academics are important but athletics build, carry, and maintain a university.

Terre Haute needs good ISU athletic programs. If that could get accomplished, we saw a glimpse this weekend of the support. To all who were there in person at a game this weekend, cherish it. It may never happen again. To have it stripped away when it was in our fingertips, that’s the kick to the nuts.

Congrats on the win. I’m a Jackrabbit fan who used to live in Terre Haute. Completely blown away about the fact ISU turned down home field advantage. I’m embarrassed for the players and coaches and everyone who contributed to their success.
I can’t imagine any school in history gave up home field voluntarily this deep in the playoffs…so more history for ISU. My big question is where are your boosters at? Who are the corporate sponsors and where were they at?
Best of luck, I am pulling for the trees. I hope that players call out admin publicly.

Back