ISU vs. Wichita State

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
excerpt from one of the game stories listed in the above post:

"Indiana State, tonight's opponent, is not a strong ball-handling team. The Sycamores rely on point guard Gabe Moore heavily. In the previous meeting, WSU held off the press until the second half so the Sycamores could not make halftime adjustments".

"When WSU pressed, the Shockers made players other than Moore handle the ball. Forward Adam Arnold, trapped near halfcourt, threw a pass out of bounds. After the turnover, WSU took the lead and never gave it up".

Suppose we have fixed these problems for tonite?

Sounds to me like the Shockers might be the team with the mental problem for tonight's game. They obviously don't respect our Trees, and didn't really try to hide that in the article. Of course, I could be looking for a "dis" coming from the Shuckers. I like our team playing with the "us against the world" mentality.

Let's get a big one tonight!!!!

GO TREES!!!

:sycamores::sycamores::sycamores:

excerpt from one of the game stories listed in the above post:

"Indiana State, tonight's opponent, is not a strong ball-handling team. The Sycamores rely on point guard Gabe Moore heavily. In the previous meeting, WSU held off the press until the second half so the Sycamores could not make halftime adjustments".

"When WSU pressed, the Shockers made players other than Moore handle the ball. Forward Adam Arnold, trapped near halfcourt, threw a pass out of bounds. After the turnover, WSU took the lead and never gave it up".

Suppose we have fixed these problems for tonite?

I think everybody knows that we are not a good ball-handling team. Look for Lamar Lee to play a little bit tonight. I'm sure if Witchita plans on pressing us, which I'm sure they will, McKenna will have two of either Gabe, Harry, and Lamar on the floor at all times. These three are all good ball-handlers.

Anyone know why Lamar Lee doesn't play much? Everytime he has made it on the floor he seems to contribute either scoring or steals, etc. Really don't see why his seat is so far down the bench?

Stricly Match-Ups. At this point, It is hard to have Lamar and either Harry or Gabe on the floor at the same time.

so my next question is who does Holmstrom match up with?

Why do you think his playing time has diminished? I think that McKenna puts guys on the floor based on defense, not offense. Actually, I'd say almost every Division I coach does this.

I hope Lee plays more tonight, better ballhandler if ya ask me. We'll see.

Other MVC games tonight:

MSU at CU (not sure who I want to win this one???)
Bradley at Drake (GO DRAKE!! ISU needs an BU loss!)

Purdue at IU, (go Purdue!!, will help ISU's RPI)

Almost gametime! Hopefully SycVision works for a change tonight! (Wooo hoo, it's working!!)

:sycamores:

Last edited:

ISU getting into a good rhythm here, up 14-10 Stinson with a big 3, then Moore with a good drive and score, 3 point play.

being outrebounded again though 6-2, need to get tough inside!

ISU guards REALLY driving the lane and being MUCH more aggressive tonight! A good sign!!!

16-13 ISU

my God, Yelovich shooting brick 3's and WSU getting 3 offensive rebounds, Ugh!

7 unanswered by WSU, 21-20 WSU up

Moore for 3! ISU 23-21

WOW, that was a DREADFUL end to the 1st half!! lots of turnovers and BAD shooting.

WSU leads at the half 30-23 after ISU was up 20-13, Ugh, ISU NINE turnovers, and WSU winning the rebounding 16-9

gotta make some huge adjustments.

good grief, down 10 already in the 2nd half, not off to a good start. 35-25 WSU

IU up 3 on PU at the half.

wow! need a timeout! DOWN FIFTEEN points, this is NOT looking good. 40-25, come on guys. ISU should NOT be losing this game. A loss here would be VERY disappointing.

Back