Lady Sycamores vs Indianapolis today

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Sycamore624

The Wade Level
The Indiana State Sycamores host the University of Indianapolis this Saturday, November 3 in the first exhibition contest of the season for both clubs. The Sycamores are coming off a 19-11 campaign last season in which they won each of their final seven regular season games. Senior center Laura Rudolphi is a Preseason All-Valley selection, while ISU is picked to finish third.

Series Notes ? Saturday?s meeting with Indianapolis is the first exhibition contest of the season. There have been no regular season meetings between the Knights and Sycamores.

On The Air ? The game between the Indiana State Sycamores and the Indianapolis Greyhounds will air live on WISU-FM (89.7). It will also will be live on GoSycamores.com. Cameras high atop Hulman Center will broadcast digital images into Sycamore fans homes via the Sycamore Vision service online. The cost of each game is $4.95, while monthly and season passes are also available at GoSycamores.com.

About The Indiana State Coach ? Indiana State head coach Jim Wiedie is in his eighth year at the helm of the Sycamore women?s basketball program. The 2003 and 2006 Missouri Valley Conference Coach of the Year, Wiedie led the Sycamores to the conference?s outright regular season championship in 2006 and has guided ISU into the postseason in three of the last five years. He is 127-77 at Indiana State, and is facing Indianapolis for the first time.

About The Indianapolis Coach ? Indianapolis is led by first-year head coach LeAnn Freeland. She has never faced Indiana State as a head coach.

Wiedie In Non-Conference Games ? The Sycamores have compiled a 41-19 record in regular season non-conference games under Jim Wiedie, including a 20-3 mark in regular season non-conference games played at Hulman Center.

Indy Connections ? Indiana State women?s basketball assistant coaches Clint Weddle and Sarah Shackle were both assistant coaches for the University of Indianapolis last season.

Preseason Predictions ? The Indiana State Sycamores were picked to finish third in the Missouri Valley Conference as announced earlier this week at the league?s annual Media Day in St. Louis. In addition, senior center Laura Rudolphi was one of five athletes named a Preseason All-MVC selection.

She?s Right On The Money ? Last season sophomore guard Kelsey Luna drilled 79 3-pointers, which ranked second-best in the history of the program. In addition, Luna?s 2.56 3-pointers per game as well as her 44.4% 3-point shooting clip are tops in the Valley and ranked in the Top 20 nationally.

Indy Connections ? Indiana State women?s basketball assistant coaches Clint Weddle and Sarah Shackle were both assistant coaches for the University of Indianapolis last season.

Kelsey Luna Picks Up MVC Freshman Of The Year Honor ? Indiana State guard Kelsey Luna was named the Missouri Valley Conference Freshman of the Year at the league?s annual Rawling?s Coach of the Year Banquet at the end of the 06-07 season. Luna is the second Sycamore under head coach Jim Wiedie to be named the Missouri Valley?s Freshman of the Year. Stephanie Lisch took the same honor in 2004. Luna led the league in 3-pointers made per game (2.55) as well as 3-point field goal percentage (45.4%).

Block Party ? Indiana State junior center Laura Rudolphi has recorded 37 blocked shots in each of the last two seasons, which gives her 102 for her career - a number which ranks first in the history of the program. The Sycamore career record was held by Missy Stringham (96-00), who was credited with 86 career blocked shots. Rudolphi set the record with a pair of blocked shots at Northern Iowa last year. It is the second career record that Rudolphi owns as her career field goal percentage mark of .547 tops the Sycamore charts as well. For the year, her 37 blocked shots are tied for second-best in the history of the program.

Academic Run Continues ? For the sixth consecutive season, the Indiana State women?s basketball program was noted for its high academic achievements under head coach Jim Wiedie. The Sycamore women?s basketball team finished ranked 13th in the most recent Women?s Basketball Coaches Association Top 25 Team Honor Roll for NCAA Division I in team grade point average with a stellar mark of 3.398.

Up Next ? The Indiana State Sycamores open regular season play on Sunday, Novemeber 11 when they host Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Tip-off against the Golden Lionettes is set for 2:05 p.m. (EST).

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
anyone at the game? Looks like Indy came back strong in the 2nd half.

I was there. There were a few bright spots, and a few minutes toward the end when I held my breath. I was impressed with Cooley, but my biggest question is why didn't we recruit Samantha Meissel?

I was there. There were a few bright spots, and a few minutes toward the end when I held my breath. I was impressed with Cooley, but my biggest question is why didn't we recruit Samantha Meissel?
Fish,

I couldn't agree more. Meissel is one Weidie let get away. Big, strong and smart...I hope she does well for UIndy.

Coach T

Back