Lansing (new thread)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

sycamore tuff

The Newsom Level
The moderator wanted a new thread so here it is.
Question: If the players we have were playing for the other schools in the MVC, at which schools would they win more/less?

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Do you think our roster would win more or lose more playing for the other 9 coaches in the valley? Which ones would get more wins, which ones would get less wins?

Do you think our roster would win more or lose more playing for the other 9 coaches in the valley? Which ones would get more wins, which ones would get less wins?

LOL! If ya wanna win games, it sure as hell wouldn't be Dana Ford. He's way in over his head, like our coach.

Well, more than half the Women's bball coaches in the MVC could take our roster (Lansing is a good recruiter) and finish in the Top 4 of the conference. It occurred to me last night and I put it in another thread. We should open the Men's BBall job to a woman to coach.

1) Positive publicity for the Sycamores
2) Interest in the program
3) A much better coach at a lower salary, only reflecting revenue in the Women's BBall realistically
4) Sponsors would be drawn to the program for the same reason as #1

Well, more than half the Women's bball coaches in the MVC could take our roster (Lansing is a good recruiter) and finish in the Top 4 of the conference. It occurred to me last night and I put it in another thread. We should open the Men's BBall job to a woman to coach.

1) Positive publicity for the Sycamores
2) Interest in the program
3) A much better coach at a lower salary, only reflecting revenue in the Women's BBall realistically
4) Sponsors would be drawn to the program for the same reason as #1

If she is the most qualified, sure. However, your #3 will quickly end #4 and #1 and possibly even #2. I think saying you could perpetuate the gender wage gap in the hire isn't something people would be very thrilled about.

Yes. No. Maybe?

You tell us. Which coaches do you think we're win more with? Curious to see who you pick since Lansing's offense is very similar to several other coaches in the Valley.

The moderator wanted a new thread so here it is.
Question: If the players we have were playing for the other schools in the MVC, at which schools would they win more/less?

They would win more under DeVries, Jacobson, Moser, & Wardle.

They would lose more under Lottich, Muller, & Ford.

Too early to tell on Mullins and Lickliter.

If she is the most qualified, sure. However, your #3 will quickly end #4 and #1 and possibly even #2. I think saying you could perpetuate the gender wage gap in the hire isn't something people would be very thrilled about.
I don't believe in any widespread gender wage gap, but i think her salary would be competitive with a man. There would be no reason to offer less.

I had to check, and like I suspected there are ZERO women coaching in Men's D1 bball.

Why not be the first? I was actually surprised how low Lansing ranks in MVC coaching salary. It's one of the lowest, but we had him for a long term deal at the then current market price.

I'm just saying it would be unique to hire a QUALIFIED woman to coach the team. Like everyone else, I'm sick of the nice recruiting never ending up anywhere but the play-in game in the MVC tournament.

I'm throwing my full support behind hiring a woman as Coach. I think we can get someone good that raise the profile of the program and win some f-ing games.

I had actually thought the same thing as a woman coach. Think of the national attention we would get. Guarantee you that we would have some games brought on ESPN or CBS nationally. Might be able to really build some momentum with the fans too.

You think you have a hard time recruiting now? Sorry but you will never get a high school kid believing in a Female coach . Would you get press for it yes but think of the bad press you are going to get when you fire her or can you really ever fire her because you have let the current coach do his thing for the past 10 years .

You think you have a hard time recruiting now? Sorry but you will never get a high school kid believing in a Female coach . Would you get press for it yes but think of the bad press you are going to get when you fire her or can you really ever fire her because you have let the current coach do his thing for the past 10 years .

Geezus little buddy. You're going get kicked out of the Democrat Party for that anti-woman, anti-woke and anti-Social Justice comment; but I am glad you spoke the TRUTH.

And on the same level, having a woman Athletic Director is probably in the same conversation. If a woman AD is such a great idea, thirty of forty percent of the schools in the country would have them by now after we promoted Andi Myers to that position. That was a Glass Ceiling hire across DI sports, and that was twenty-two years ago!!!

The negative thing about her for me was, which had nothing to do with her compliance knowledge, student grades or her dedication to ISU. She was probably as good as anyone with that, but it had more to do with her personality. And how was that? When you're out in the public as an AD you need to put your hand out and meet people, but she didn't do that. She was basically unapproachable at ISU home and away games, specifically at Alumni tents. The covey of women that were around her was impossible to get past, nor did she try to get away from them, or tell them to stop hovering so that she could go meet Alumni. After a couple of attempts, I said screw this. I can't imagine how many other friends of ISU and Alumni she turned off by that style. I don't think she was aloof, she was just clueless of her surroundings in those social settings. She probably needed to someone to mentor her to say, hey WTF up when you're out and about, and go talk to the men too.

The best that we've had recently at meeting and greeting was Prettyman. After the first time we met at a Golf Outing, he had remembered my name wherever I saw him. And we must have run into each a dozen times during his tenure. He gave Lansing a contract extension that he probably shouldn't have, but the man was an affable people person....and must have had hundreds, if not a few thousand of first names memorized.

Gender is unimportant in the next hire.

If the school moves on from Lansing, offensive philosophy is my top priority with recruiting ability in second.

I'm sure this sounds sexist, but I can't believe we're having this conversation. We will not have a woman head coach, that would be a gimmick hire.

Back