Mahurin last night

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

True Blue

The All-MVC Level
Supporter
I drove over and watched Rockville play last night. First off, what a gym they play in. The court has to be 6-8 feet short of regulation and the gym only seats about 800-1000 I would guess.

Anyways, watching RJ last night put me at ease a little bit. He was a dominant force last night and had a triple-double with 33 points, 10 rebounds and 12 blocks. He also banged, threw some elbows, and took the physicality right at the other team. It was nice to see. I was also impressed with his conditioning as he was chased by at least 2 guys most of the night and he continuously ran off screens, banged inside and never really got tired.

The other team was Seeger and they have a sophomore guard we may need to keep an eye on. Alexander Hutson. Listed as a 6'1" point guard(maybe a bit generous), quick, good ballhandler, and can shoot the lights out. Needs to get a lot stronger, but he is young. I believe he had 28 and hit 6 or 7 threes.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Alexander Hutson is a big time prospect. He is going to be a very very good player. I really hope ISU is on him early. He is a great passer and a great shooter. I believe that Bradley is recruiting him already.

I drove over and watched Rockville play last night. First off, what a gym they play in. The court has to be 6-8 feet short of regulation and the gym only seats about 800-1000 I would guess.

Anyways, watching RJ last night put me at ease a little bit. He was a dominant force last night and had a triple-double with 33 points, 10 rebounds and 12 blocks. He also banged, threw some elbows, and took the physicality right at the other team. It was nice to see. I was also impressed with his conditioning as he was chased by at least 2 guys most of the night and he continuously ran off screens, banged inside and never really got tired.

The other team was Seeger and they have a sophomore guard we may need to keep an eye on. Alexander Hutson. Listed as a 6'1" point guard(maybe a bit generous), quick, good ballhandler, and can shoot the lights out. Needs to get a lot stronger, but he is young. I believe he had 28 and hit 6 or 7 threes.

You feel better watching Mahurin against Seeger? Who did they have that could body him?
I hope he does well at ISU, but we will get a good look at him with the all-star series. Playing with and against better players.

You feel better watching Mahurin against Seeger? Who did they have that could body him?
I hope he does well at ISU, but we will get a good look at him with the all-star series. Playing with and against better players.

Yeah. I do. Its because he played tough, not weak. Seeger threw the whole team at him, using 3 guys on him at times, including their elbows! Seeger had a 6'7"-6'8" kid guarding him. He wasn't real good, but RJ tore him up.

I did find out that the Hutson kid from Seeger is getting looks from Bradley.

Regarding the Rockville gym, believe me it is regulation. I played many scheduled games, the county tourney, and the sectionals on that floor. The last time I was in the "Rock-A-Dome" many years after my playing days they had removed the bleachers from the stage area which significantly cut down the seating capacity.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Regarding the Rockville gym, believe me it is regulation. I played many scheduled games, the county tourney, and the sectionals on that floor. The last time I was in the "Rock-A-Dome" many years after my playing days they had removed the bleachers from the stage area which significantly cut down the seating capacity.

The court is no where near regulation length. I talked to two Rockville people. One said it was 6 feet short, the other said 8 feet short. The bleachers on the stage were there.(thats where I sat)

Back