Men's Team Halted

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
been noticing college basketball games starting to get canceled too, I suspect we won't have much of a college basketball season anywhere.

been noticing college basketball games starting to get canceled too, I suspect we won't have much of a college basketball season anywhere.
I think we'll have basketball, but I think we may see non-conference cancelled, conferences add more league games, and then work on logistics to minimize potential exposure. I also believe we're going to see fan attendance cancelled in short order.

Numbers are exploding and people will ignore the Government and medical professionals, will have their holiday gatherings, and we'll see those numbers go astronomical. I just hope the death rate stays flat otherwise it's going to be a very black Winter.

Brace-yourself-Winter.jpg

Honestly they should just cancel the season. If we can't do it the right way we shouldn't even be doing it at all.

Most importantly, I hope the player who's been infected does not experience lasting effects and gets better soon!

And yes, I think many many many teams are going to be disrupted by a Covid "outbreak" at some point during this season...if not multiple points.

Hopefully our Sycamores can still play down in FL.

Good luck!

I think we'll have basketball, but I think we may see non-conference cancelled, conferences add more league games, and then work on logistics to minimize potential exposure. I also believe we're going to see fan attendance cancelled in short order.

Numbers are exploding and people will ignore the Government and medical professionals, will have their holiday gatherings, and we'll see those numbers go astronomical. I just hope the death rate stays flat otherwise it's going to be a very black Winter.

Brace-yourself-Winter.jpg

And if Government and medical professionals say GET A DAMN COVID VACCINE when it becomes available, brace
yourself for the astronomical number of fellow Americans who will refuse to get one....

I've already seen the loonies saying the Government plans on putting nano tracking technology in the vaccines. People are absolutely nuts.
I'm not one to think that there will be tracking devices in a vaccine but I'm definitely not going to be first in line for a vaccine that was developed in 9 months by companies that stand to make a shit ton of $$$$$$$ by expediting the process. For people that are concerned about long term effects of the virus itself it's a little naive to think that the same possibility doesn't lye in the vaccine.

The one thing that corona virus has showed me is there is no right answer for any question regarding it.

I'm not one to think that there will be tracking devices in a vaccine but I'm definitely not going to be first in line for a vaccine that was developed in 9 months by companies that stand to make a shit ton of $$$$$$$ by expediting the process. For people that are concerned about long term effects of the virus itself it's a little naive to think that the same possibility doesn't lye in the vaccine.

The one thing that corona virus has showed me is there is no right answer for any question regarding it.

That's fair. I think that is also why many have said (like Biden did at the debates) they want to make sure potential vaccines are thoroughly tested and approved by all of the appropriate regulatory bodies. We must absolutely trust the scientists to get it right over getting it fast.

I've already seen the loonies saying the Government plans on putting nano tracking technology in the vaccines. People are absolutely nuts.

As have I -- I believe they claimed texas as their home (naturally) and W.Va or Tennessee

Agree, they'res always a small percentage of the population who have issues w/ the various vaccines; some folks will also be genetically disposed to not suffer severe symptoms from COVID, just as some folks never get severe colds. However, the media COULD have taken this pandemic and discussed ol' Typhoid Mary (Mary Mallon) and why it's IMPORTANT to follow your doctor's orders

To your last point; everyone would be better served taking advice from a HIGHLY experienced immunologist rather than from an ophthalmologist or a radiologist.

Last edited:

Remember Jason... many, MANY of those same loonies were out and about last Tuesday... casting ballots

Exactly. I won't be taking it. I only take vaccines that have been around forever and are proven to be trustworthy. For what it's worth I've never had a flu shot either and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon either.

And if Government and medical professionals say GET A DAMN COVID VACCINE when it becomes available, brace
yourself for the astronomical number of fellow Americans who will refuse to get one....
I don't think we have to worry about mandatory vaccinations for the virus. The senile old man who apparently got elected president has a covid czar already. This guy says we don't want to hoard the vaccine. It needs to be given to other countries. I think they have badmouthed Trump so much on this thing that they know people won't want to take it. The simple answer is to test it on people in other countries. Kind of reminds me of the stories out of Nazi Germany.

Exactly. I won't be taking it. I only take vaccines that have been around forever and are proven to be trustworthy. For what it's worth I've never had a flu shot either and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon either.

define forever? flu vaccines were developed in the 1930s, large scale availability since 1945 or so

or are you more a fan of Wan Quan's small pox vaccine circa 1549??

define forever? flu vaccines were developed in the 1930s, large scale availability since 1945 or so

or are you more a fan of Wan Quan's small pox vaccine circa 1549??

I take the tdap and keep it up to date and that is pretty much it. It seems to be pretty trustworthy. The flu shot seems like a waste of time in my opinion. For one the flu doesn't scare me and secondly it doesn't even prevent you from getting the flu. I'll take my chances with the coronavirus since people in my age group have over a 99.9% chance of surviving it. Not really interested in an unknown vaccine.

As someone who just recovered from COVID myself, I certainly hope you all take this extremely seriously and stay safe. That was was the worst 2 weeks of my life, and I don’t wish it on my worst enemy or even Illinois State fans.

COVID is getting closer and closer to us. Months ago you all were probably 3 or 4 degrees separated from the only person you knew who had it. Now, it feels like many around and close me, are getting it. It could be a Texas issue, but the rest of the country isn’t immune. I know in my home county of Fountain County they have an infection rate of nearly 12%. That’s incredibly high, especially for such a rural country.

The virus is real, it’s absolutely worse than the flu, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar, a propaganda nut, severely ignorant, or all three. I managed to stay out of the hospital, but barely. And I’m a healthy 37 year old with zero underlying conditions. I still don’t have my senses of taste and smell back, and my not for several months.

My reason for saying all of this - I want you all to stay safe and healthy and make the right choices for your personal well-being. That’s my PSA for the group.

Back to ISU, I hope they get back to playing soon and contain the spread. I very much want to see some hoops this year, but I understand we may be headed down a road where this season looks very different than what it is on paper.

Back