Missouri State Headed to CUSA

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Best part of the article: "What is missing from the Missouri State FBS move, is a tradition of winning football."

What's probably the most disturbing aspect, the author is theorizing on HBCUs moving up to money burning FBS; a group of colleges that are historically NOT high on the endowment lists, a group of schools that are currently NOT drawing record numbers of students; not always ranked high on academic lists

Generally, NOT a group of schools that should consider burning piles of cash

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Need to just get rid of FBS and FCS now that the NCAA doesn't enforce attendance requirements. If they want there to be a split still then it would be better to split D1 football into Power and Non-Power. There's nothing exclusive about FBS when you have schools like Missouri State "moving up", who is almost as bad as ISU most seasons.

On a side note maybe we can get Missouri State to schedule us now as a money game in football for $200-300K or so. Wouldn't mind still playing them in basketball and baseball too.

Some schools seem to have significantly raised their profiles by moving from FCS to FBS: Marshall, App State, LIberty, Coastal Carolina. Others have had flurries of notoriety.

Marshall might be the most analogous to Missouri State. It seems to me it is clearly the #2 school in West Virginia just as the Bears are similarly #2 in MIssouri. MSU has its own sugar daddy; however, I am not knowledgeable of Marshall's financial support.

At a minimum, one must give MSU's leadership credit for having a vision and a plan.

I hate to see Missouri State leave the Valley. It has an enrollment of nearly 25,000 students. Who knows, this may just be a first stop on a master plan to get to the Big 12. Get the transition period over in a smaller league, have some success, build crowds a bit and present yourself to the Big 12 as the way to establish presence in Missouri again. I think a lot of folks in MIssouri will feel more natural rivalry with their neighbors to the west than they do as part of the SEC East.

If there are LOTS of those wealthy alums, perhaps that degree is worth more in the market place.

my experience is that you can get an interview because of the degree, not the job and in today's market - I know what we look for and it's never where they candidate went to school; it's past experience, achievements, and willingness to get the job done

Cannot think of how many millennials I've met who want a mid-career salary as a first job, all of the perks, bennies of mid-career but in their first position, second position not at mid-career

Some schools seem to have significantly raised their profiles by moving from FCS to FBS: Marshall, App State, LIberty, Coastal Carolina. Others have had flurries of notoriety.

Marshall might be the most analogous to Missouri State. It seems to me it is clearly the #2 school in West Virginia just as the Bears are similarly #2 in MIssouri. MSU has its own sugar daddy; however, I am not knowledgeable of Marshall's financial support.

At a minimum, one must give MSU's leadership credit for having a vision and a plan.

I hate to see Missouri State leave the Valley. It has an enrollment of nearly 25,000 students. Who knows, this may just be a first stop on a master plan to get to the Big 12. Get the transition period over in a smaller league, have some success, build crowds a bit and present yourself to the Big 12 as the way to establish presence in Missouri again. I think a lot of folks in MIssouri will feel more natural rivalry with their neighbors to the west than they do as part of the SEC East.

have worked with plenty of WVU alumni over the years, WV natives, Marshall doesn't move the needle in the state, perhaps in the Huntington metro area but not the state

As to MSU looking for BIg 12 love akin to Mizzu and $EC love; didn't Mizzu openly PLEAD to join the Big Ten? They landed in the $EC but they definitely wanted Big Ten membership

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
WOW, Biff must not have been as good of a choice as people here thought he would have been. These people have no idea what they are doing. Do they even read this forum?

WOW, Biff must not have been as good of a choice as people here thought he would have been. These people have no idea what they are doing. Do they even read this forum?

Pretty impressive considering Biff isn't even on the job there yet.

I wonder how much of an input Biff got on this move? If ISU was going to make a conference move would Godard get a say, especially if we were "moving up" to effectively a different division that would cost the university a ton of extra money?

Back