More on Austen Wozniak in the Houston Chronicle

TJames

The JSW Level
Former Bobcats signs with Sycamores

By Michael Sudhalter

Former Cy-Fair defensive end Austen Wozniak signed with Indiana State University this week.

Wozniak spent the past season at Hargrave Military Academy in Chatham, Va., one of the top post graduate football programs in the nation.

Wozniak, who will play linebacker for the Sycamores, received college attention out of high school but opted to attend Hargrave.

He’s enrolled at the Terre Haute, Ind. school and will participate in spring practice with four years of eligibility ahead of him.

new sycamore fan

The All-MVC Level
The other 2 JUCOs are also "practicing"--Larry Lacotti (sp?) WR and Santino Davis, LB. Word is they look pretty good. Lacotti--small, quick, but GOOD HANDS. That would be a nice switch.

SydCamore

The Captain Level
The other 2 JUCOs are also "practicing"--Larry Lacotti (sp?) WR and Santino Davis, LB. Word is they look pretty good. Lacotti--small, quick, but GOOD HANDS. That would be a nice switch.
New Fan,

I don't think you have been around long enough to remember a couple of kids that we had in the past 6-7 years that we small, but quick with great hands. Sam Logan ('06) and Carl Berman ('06). Both of those guys were under 6', but they were fast and had tremendous hands. I believe that they are both in the top 10 in a lot of all-time categories at ISU.

I hope Larry is a similar player.

Tom,

I'm sure you were around to see Carl and Sam play?

new sycamore fan

The All-MVC Level
Good hands, toughness, and ability to run disciplined routes are the key to success for the "little guys". There are a lot of fast, small guys around, but not a lot that make an impact. Hopefully Larry (and the couple of HS recruits of the same ilk) will turn out like the former receivers that you and Tom have mentioned on the board. Close to announcement time--from the board and the Rivals sites or other articles, I've pieced 17 recruits so far. The word is that there will be somewhere around 30 again.

JUCOs/Prep School:
Santino Davis LB
Austen Wozniak LB/DE
Larry Lacotti WR

High School:
Michael Mordis TE
Marcus Etnier QB
Matt King QB
Luke Harris RB
Darien Donald WB/DB
Tyler Boyd DE
Taylor Brothwell DL