New signees

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

southernindianaballer

The Starter Level
Supporter
I'm thinking the new recruits coming in may have a nice impact... I just hope the grad transfers can blend in quickly. The new Juco center looks more athletic than anything we have had in recent times for a center.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Our level of success appears to be at PG with JB gone its some big shoes to fill. I'm concerned that our new senior PG didn't play last year? That is with that, any insights?

Our level of success appears to be at PG with JB gone its some big shoes to fill. I'm concerned that our new senior PG didn't play last year? That is with that, any insights?

I read through the Towson board as well as their local media articles and could never get anything definitive. There were a couple posts referring to off the court issues but since he was able to transfer without issue I don't think it could have been grades nor anything serious as you'd think they'd have reported on it. Could have been things just didn't work out with their staff so he left or was asked to leave.

Thanks, Jason, it just seems like a big slot to fill with an unknown PG. We have a pretty solid squad except for that which I consider the most important position. At our level of talent we could have done better, but what do I know.

Regarding TJ Howard...this is from Todd Golden's article...

He was expected to be a big contributor for the Tigers in 2020, but Howard and the Towson coaching staff disagreed about his role, according to Howard, and he never played a game.

“My minutes were going to go down because they wanted me to play more of the one and the two because I was shooting so good,” Howard explained.

“I knew me-wise, professionally on what I wanted to do afterwards, I wanted to master and work on my point guard position. I thought it would be a better situation for me to sit out, because I knew what I wanted to do with my senior year and I knew what I wanted to do afterwards,” Howard continued.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since none of us know anything about the situation otherwise. I think he'll be a great addition for us.

Agree. The PG is the unknown quantity next season. Maybe Hankins can help at the PG position too? Hankins shot is a bit unorthodox but he gets good lift with a high release. I'm not sure about his passing skills and ability to create for others. My mind is open 100% for Howard. Hope he comes through.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Agree. The PG is the unknown quantity next season. Maybe Hankins can help at the PG position too? Hankins shot is a bit unorthodox but he gets good lift with a high release. I'm not sure about his passing skills and ability to create for others. My mind is open 100% for Howard. Hope he comes through.
Just based on what i know, Hankins will not play point soon. He is a dynamite outside shooter, destined to be a 2G if minutes come. The battle for backup PG will be between Cam and Larry and I'm not concerned at all about our PG "situation."
Lot's of competition for the 2-3 spots if we go small. I expect Stephens/Barnes to fill in at both 3 and 4.

Just based on what i know, Hankins will not play point soon. He is a dynamite outside shooter, destined to be a 2G if minutes come. The battle for backup PG will be between Cam and Larry and I'm not concerned at all about our PG "situation."
Lot's of competition for the 2-3 spots if we go small. I expect Stephens/Barnes to fill in at both 3 and 4.

Interesting. I don't think Lansing brings in Howard to sit. I fully expect him to battle Cam for the starter role with the other guy getting a lionshare of minutes. I'd imagine if Lansing has his way, Larry will redshirt in order to give himself space to get out of the need to go and get someone every year and potentially set himself up with Larry being a 4 year starter if he pans out.

Interesting. I don't think Lansing brings in Howard to sit. I fully expect him to battle Cam for the starter role with the other guy getting a lionshare of minutes. I'd imagine if Lansing has his way, Larry will redshirt in order to give himself space to get out of the need to go and get someone every year and potentially set himself up with Larry being a 4 year starter if he pans out.
I think Larry could redshirt, but only if Howard and Cam are both ahead of him. I think we all hope Howard is an automatic starter.

Back