Opponent Preview: Nebraska-Kearney Lopers

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Indiana State will continue it's 2007-08 men's basketball exhibition schedule against the University of Nebraska at Kearney on November 4th. The Lopers are coming off a 24 win season that saw them advance to the second round of the NCAA Division II Tournament. They finished the season 24-7 and went 16-3 in Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference action.

The Lopers have won more than 20 games in 10 of the last 11 years, qualified for the NCAA Tournament in nine of the last 11 years, have made three "Sweet Sixteens", and one "Elite Eight" while compiling a winning record in the NCAA tournament. However, Nebraska-Kearney will have a lot of question marks in 2007-08 as they have lost their top three scorers, Chad Burger, James Lane and All-American Dusty Jura, who averaged a double-double at 20.8 ppg and 10.1 rpg.

NEBRASKA-KEARNEY HEAD COACH & COACHING STAFF
Head Coach: Tom Kropp (17th Season, Co-Head Coach) & Kevin Lofton (2nd Season, Co-Head Coach)
Coaching Record: 373-135 (.734) at Nebraska-Kearney, Overall
2006-07 Record: 24-7 Overall, 16-3 RMAC
Assistant Coaches: John Webber, Adam Bennett

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUP
Unknown at this time.

ON THE WEB: http://www.lopers.com/mbball/default.htm

Attachments

• slide_opp_unk.jpg
    slide_opp_unk.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 308

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Maybe Little Eddie can give us a more detailed scouting report before game-time? Especially since he might be a "stow-away" on their game bus? Hope it works out guy..........we would like to see you in Terre Haute.

Maybe Little Eddie can give us a more detailed scouting report before game-time? Especially since he might be a "stow-away" on their game bus? Hope it works out guy..........we would like to see you in Terre Haute.
That would be awesome. Their athletic website stinks considering they've got such a successful program. I'd also like him to ask the coaches what exactly is up with this co-head coach nonsense. The head coach wins nearly 75% of his games and they add a co-head coach?

That would be awesome. Their athletic website stinks considering they've got such a successful program. I'd also like him to ask the coaches what exactly is up with this co-head coach nonsense. The head coach wins nearly 75% of his games and they add a co-head coach?

Everyone needs a successor Svo. EVERYONE.

It's been confirmed that I will be on da bus...Coach Kropp called and left a message this week saying that there will be room. Kev and Coach Kropp go way back. They do perennially have a great squad so I would assume the game will be more hotly contested than some would like. I'd have to take a look at the roster to see who I recognize. I think most of the guys I would know of are now gone (from the days of when Kev was at UNO.)

I should be at the Ballyhoo the Saturday before...looking forward to the visit but not looking forward to the 9 hour bus ride.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
It's been confirmed that I will be on da bus...Coach Kropp called and left a message this week saying that there will be room. Kev and Coach Kropp go way back. They do perennially have a great squad so I would assume the game will be more hotly contested than some would like. I'd have to take a look at the roster to see who I recognize. I think most of the guys I would know of are now gone (from the days of when Kev was at UNO.)

I should be at the Ballyhoo the Saturday before...looking forward to the visit but not looking forward to the 9 hour bus ride.
Okay damnit... I may just have to come up for the game then.

That is one young team they have at UNK...I recognize some of the names of the high school kids coming in but really don't know too much about them. Even though they appear inexperienced I'd be careful looking past a team coached by Kropp. The guy knows what he's doing and he'll get these guys to make it a test for the Syc's I'm sure.

That is one young team they have at UNK...I recognize some of the names of the high school kids coming in but really don't know too much about them. Even though they appear inexperienced I'd be careful looking past a team coached by Kropp. The guy knows what he's doing and he'll get these guys to make it a test for the Syc's I'm sure.
You know you're doing something right anytime you've won 73% of the games you've coached at any level.

Back