St. Louis Coach Still Pushing for MVC Membership?

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Sycamore624

The Wade Level
Majerus made it clear he isn't overjoyed by SLU being in the A-10; he doesn't like the 14-team configuration or the geography. SLU, unlike East-based conference members, can't take a bus to any conference road game. "The thing I don't like about these large leagues is that there's an innate unfairness to it," he said. "Secondly, the demographics of it, particularly for St. Louis, are very perplexing, to say the least."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...2?OpenDocument

Source: ValleyTalk.net

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
1. The people that say SLU is a better fit confuse me. The only thing SLU has in common with this conference as a whole is geography and even that is a stretch since the only other "Big Cities" are Omaha and Wichita.

2. Then there is the argument that SLU could dominate in the MVC (which I'm sure SIU and hopefully ISU would dispute). It doesn't hold water.

3. There's no evidence (yet) that the MVC can sustain multiple post season bid seasons for the long term.

Things SLU fans forget about:
The move was made to strengthen Slu in more ways than sports. Enrollment, is up, for students that come from the a-10 areas, especially in ohio and new jersey and philly regions.

Say what you want about the A-10 (it's a poorly run conference and I'd kill to have Elgin over Bruno), but if SLU leaves under Majerus it won't be to go to the MVC. That's not a big enough conference for where SLU wants to go... just my two cents.

Last edited:
SLU won't be invited to join the Big East any time soon, and without a football program I can't see any larger conferences asking them to join up. I can't see SLU doing any better than the MVC. It's fits their every want. The A-10 has some very good teams at the top, but the bottom is a pit. Everything about the MVC and SLU seems to fit.

SLU won't be invited to join the Big East any time soon, and without a football program I can't see any larger conferences asking them to join up. I can't see SLU doing any better than the MVC. It's fits their every want. The A-10 has some very good teams at the top, but the bottom is a pit. Everything about the MVC and SLU seems to fit.

True, But SLU is trying to recruit more students from the east coast for their academic programs as well. The A-10 certainly gives them better exposure in that area.

Back