State down to Austin Peay

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Jason Svoboda

The Bird Level
Administrator
Been watching Notre Dame/Penn State and I saw that State is currently down to Austin Peay 20-10 in the 3rd quarter.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
it's TIME for ISU to DROP FB, end the misery once and for all! good grief!!!! this will be another winless season, just watch!

BTW Svoboda, you should post your site on www.x-trees.com as well.

Last edited:
I don't have an account over there, but if you have one, I'd greatly appreciate you dropping a link.

State ends up on the losing end again, 32-17. I'm not sure the disconnect with Indiana State football, I just don't get it.

It's the level of support from the University. That's why we've traditionally had so few out of state players on the team. You cannot win anything in college football with a bunch of guys from Indiana. Back when we were good, a great deal of the lineup was from Pennsylvania. It's going to take a MAJOR investment from the school to get good in football. I don't know if the will is there...

ISU needs to decide to commit to winning, or drop to non-scholarship football. I hate the idea of dropping the sport altogether, and I don't think that's gonna happen. But we need to fish or cut bait...

Drop Football.........commit the resources to the remaining athletic programs. Hope this is the first and last football post on this new forum; don't even want to read about it anymore. If we want to play football, play NON-SCHOLARSHIP football; see Drake vs. Illinois State last week.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Drop Football.........commit the resources to the remaining athletic programs. Hope this is the first and last football post on this new forum; don't even want to read about it anymore. If we want to play football, play NON-SCHOLARSHIP football; see Drake vs. Illinois State last week.

If I'm not mistaken, non-scholarship football still costs money. If something is done, cutting the program is the best solution.

It's the level of support from the University. That's why we've traditionally had so few out of state players on the team. You cannot win anything in college football with a bunch of guys from Indiana. Back when we were good, a great deal of the lineup was from Pennsylvania. It's going to take a MAJOR investment from the school to get good in football. I don't know if the will is there...

ISU needs to decide to commit to winning, or drop to non-scholarship football. I hate the idea of dropping the sport altogether, and I don't think that's gonna happen. But we need to fish or cut bait...
I do agree that recruiting is probably the largest factor to the success (or lack thereof) of the program. However, this has to be put on the staffs that we've had in here then, no? The midwest is a very fertile area when it comes to developing college football prospects and states like Ohio and Pennsylvania are just ripe for the picking.

I'd love to sit down with State's recruiting coordinator and see just how State goes about recruiting since I consider myself somewhat of a recruitnik and very resourceful when it comes to high school football recruiting.

I do agree that recruiting is probably the largest factor to the success (or lack thereof) of the program. However, this has to be put on the staffs that we've had in here then, no? The midwest is a very fertile area when it comes to developing college football prospects and states like Ohio and Pennsylvania are just ripe for the picking.

I'd love to sit down with State's recruiting coordinator and see just how State goes about recruiting since I consider myself somewhat of a recruitnik and very resourceful when it comes to high school football recruiting.

Much of the talent issue should be laid at the feet of the staffs, but when the University sets an absurdly low limit on the number of out of state scholies you can give, (at one point it was down to 10), the staff has no chance. They could identify talent like Lou Holtz, but if they can't offer a scholie, they're pi--ing in the wind...:eek7:

Back