Suites in Hulman Center

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

southernindianaballer

The Starter Level
Supporter
How many suites/party rooms will there be?
Will there be a naming or sponsorship available for these?
I think it would be neat to name the following suites and include photos and stories of these athletes on display inside the suite.
Baumgartner Gold Suite
Thomas Flair Suite
Bird Nest
Hulman Racing Suite
Wooden Pyramid Suite

Put the sponsor in front... ie. Old National Bank Bird Nest.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
cutting our throat if they don't allow, pursue naming rights... though First National Bank would likely NOT think highly of ONB being a named sponsor... Sherrard needs to play hard ball, get the biggest pile of $$ from either

In truth - First has been pulling back sponsorship dollars in our community for the better part of the last decade... I think many recall the "iconic" (if you will) First sign in the HC for many years... Outside of that long time sponsorship they really haven't done much for Indiana State. It's not the Don Smith First that is for sure - times have changed.

In all honesty - Riddell, TH Savings and ONB out spend First in community engagement these days. First still shells out quite a bit of money via Foundation/Trust dollars ever year - but sponsorship etc. type of activities not a big player.

I am all for naming rights - but until the address the name on the outside of the HC and selling those rights I am not that interested in naming rights for individual suites. I say put naming rights on anything and everything you can - the all mighty dollar is as important as it has ever been for mid majors. Some of us on here have been preaching that for years...

Can you imagine how fiscally ignorant it would have been to terminate Lansing after this past season especially with what we know now w/ COVID and everything... Ahhh I'd love to revisit the idea of shit canning half the mid major coaches in this country now. It may never make sense again...

Have you considered that there may be reasons for the decrease in the First advertising ....

Ha. I have considered that... There is a reason for everything! I could list a # of reasons why.

I have no problem with First - I was just pointing out that they've not been a player for several years now when it comes to sponsorship and community engagement. It doesn't just apply to Indiana State - First use to be a major spender at the Fairgorunds/Action Track and they don't spend those dollars like they use to. I don't know what the budget looks like - hell maybe it's increased over the years as things get more expensive - I am just pointing out that some other banks in the area out spend them.

Thanks for the clarification. My apologies. I, too, could list reasons but it would serve no purpose on this board. Thank you for your comment.

So... are there 3 suite/party rooms? That looks like what I see... Three naming/sponsorship opportunities plus maybe the concourse entry points?

So are there actual suites in the new Hulman Center -- I had not heard that ???
Also have there been any video updates of what HC looks like now -- have not seen anything for a long time.

So are there actual suites in the new Hulman Center -- I had not heard that ???
Also have there been any video updates of what HC looks like now -- have not seen anything for a long time.

Not exactly. From what I can tell, there are going to be suite-like spaces. But they won't be traditional suites like one would expect in a modern arena.

The best place to keep an eye out for pictured updates of the renovation is on the Hannig Construction facebook page, at the following link (and no, you don't have to have a facebook acct to see the pics)...

Last edited:
Anyone want to reach out to Todd Golden? You would think with so little to write about right now an update on the HC would the the perfect topic to check out.

Back