'10 IN C Thomas Anderson (Olney Central Verbal)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
He is a big body in State's backyard that is starting to get some major press. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

Terre Haute North Players

Coach Jones has two young men to watch. Thomas Anderson, about 6' 7", looks a lot like Kevin Thompson (Older fans will remember him). The other is Justin (?) Gant, a 6'7" freshman. It will be fun to watch these two develop.

To give you a little information on these two players.

Thomas Anderson is a very talented Sophmore at north. He handles the ball well and has nice touch on his shot. Thomas is a big, thick kid. Decent defender. I think there is potential for him to be an Division I player.

The Gant kid is a freshman. Ligitimate 6'7". Justin comes from a tremendous family and he is a smart kid. He has nice touch on his shot for being 6'7". He is not a post player, in my mind. He will need to gain a lot of weight, but he's only 15. Justin has played for some of the state's best AAU teams. Good player! Division I in my mind for sure.

To give you a little information on these two players.

Thomas Anderson is a very talented Sophmore at north. He handles the ball well and has nice touch on his shot. Thomas is a big, thick kid. Decent defender. I think there is potential for him to be an Division I player.

The Gant kid is a freshman. Ligitimate 6'7". Justin comes from a tremendous family and he is a smart kid. He has nice touch on his shot for being 6'7". He is not a post player, in my mind. He will need to gain a lot of weight, but he's only 15. Justin has played for some of the state's best AAU teams. Good player! Division I in my mind for sure.
With Gant now holding a Sycamore offer, Will Anderson be soon? Anderson is a tweener that can play. Hate to see him leave the area

Gant may go to a bigger program than ISU. IU, Purdue, Butler, are some schools interested.

Anderson can play at ISU for sure. I sure hope they do not let him get away.

A friend from Evansville said Anderson was on campus yesterday and was with Coach Simmons, Id hate for him to not be a Sycamore, and even worse to lose him to another MVC school.

Possible an IU or PU but to put Butler as a destination superior to the Sycamores? They have had a good run in Naptown for the last few years but as cycles happen they will most likely come "back to the pack" (the pack being ISU, UE, Ball St.) beginning with this season. They have an uproven young coach (he just had to not "screw-up" the group of Seniors that he inherited last season) to initially look pretty goood. This season will be much more of an indicator of his true ability. There are another 2-3programs in their usual one-bid conference that should pass them by this season and another1-2 that may be kicking dust in their face the following season. The BU "Glory Days" are coming to an end quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fell of the map for sure - the kid is not good enough to play division 1 basketball at Indiana State. I don't know him personally but I can tell you we are really weak at the PF/C spot and he is no better than what we already have here. It would be great if he wanted to walk on - I am all for local kids staying and playing for the Sycamores. I just don't know that he would see the floor.

Thomas Anderson is a senior at Terre Haute North High School. He is listed at 6'8. I think he is around 210 i would say. Ihaven't heard about him signing or committing to a school yet, so ISU should still be on his radar.

Wow! That's an odd combination. From what I hear, Johnson is a really good recruit for PU. Better than the two all-stars they got this year.

haha...I agree with you there. Johnson is the real deal. This Carrol kid comming in is suppose to be a pretty good center, a actual low post player with moves. Donnie Hale from New Albany is a left handed 6'8 pogo stick. Very good all around.

Anderson isn't worth a scholarship.

Took a visit to VU and the University of Indy is interested in Thomas. His attitude has changed a lot and has become a pretty good player for TH North. Good Luck to Thomas he will play college somewhere just not ISU

Back