'15 INTL SF Neils Bunschoten (4/5/2015)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

I trust our coaches have done more research than I have, but I saw nothing from the 2 games I watched that said he could play the 3.. Did a nice job hedging screens out high on d but is not a threat off the dribble and doesn't have good speed. I see him as a 4 and spot duty 5...much like gant was for us..

Plus he is strictly a shooter and that will cause more problems for opposing 4s and 5s, not 3s....but hell I'm just a fan though so who knows where he fits in lol

I guess this is where our opinions vary and I'm certainly not saying you are wrong; but I saw excellent quickness and when he ran, I thought he showed a lot of potential speed. I didn't think he had any trouble staying with the perimeter players on defense.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I guess this is where our opinions vary and I'm certainly not saying you are wrong; but I saw excellent quickness and when he ran, I thought he showed a lot of potential speed. I didn't think he had any trouble staying with the perimeter players on defense.

Yep definitely agree to disagree here..would love to be wrong and see him be able to guard 3s because that would make him a very flexible piece for us.

"Opinions vary"??

He says, he doesn't have good speed and you say he has excellent quickness...

I'd say your opinions indeed vary - a great deal, night and day.

Only because I know THSouth personally and I trust his knowledge of the game, I am going to assume he probably isn't very quick. But neither was RJ and he got away with it.

I will wait to pass my own judgement, going to be a long ass off season.

Also - I have had 2 beers so if this post comes off as totally rude then let me appologize in advance.

"Opinions vary"??

He says, he doesn't have good speed and you say he has excellent quickness...

I'd say your opinions indeed vary - a great deal, night and day.

Only because I know THSouth personally and I trust his knowledge of the game, I am going to assume he probably isn't very quick. But neither was RJ and he got away with it.

I will wait to pass my own judgement, going to be a long ass off season.

Also - I have had 2 beers so if this post comes off as totally rude then let me appologize in advance.

Yes, I wouldn't bet my life on it. I am more concerned about his intensity and aggressiveness. We'll see if he can defend the 3. He is not a slasher and jump shooter.

I don't know Southgrad07 and he might be a lot better than me in evaluating talent.

I can't believe it takes 2 beers to make you rude.

Last edited:
I hope the kid becomes a star for us. But I really thought we needed toughness and rebounding. Just because you're 6'9" doesn't mean you possess either ability or attribute. I will assume, like others, that the coaches know or see something that we don't. But just seeing what I can see, and knowing what I know (which, admittedly, isn't much), it doesn't seem like we got better in either department.

I would be thrilled to dine on crow about this kid. I trust that there's something that the staff knows that got them all excited. Maybe he'll end up like the Dekker kid from Wisconsin. I could live with that...

The rj comparison is very fair. Great shooter and plays within himself on offense .. Or at least of what I saw he did.. This kid does move better than rj did, but so does my 70 year old grandmother.. He is definitely more of a boom or bust kid than Clemons is. Imo .. Could be a really effective floor spacer for us if he can defend and rebound half way decent...If he can't he will hardly see the floor for us. Either way hell of a name!

I am in agreement with ITF. Thought we needed a true big for some semblance of an inside game.

Yes, I wouldn't bet my life on it. I am more concerned about his intensity and aggressiveness. We'll see if he can defend the 3. He is not a slasher and jump shooter.

I don't know Southgrad07 and he might be a lot better than me in evaluating talent.

I can't believe it takes 2 beers to make you rude.

Hahaha! No it only takes 1. It was a shot at ITF anyway.

I am not really concerned with his speed, intensity or his agressivness. I think Greg Lansing is looking for good team guys that buy into what is going on here in Terre Haute. Give me a kid who is a good teammate and fits into whatever system Lansing is trying to build and lets win some games.

Lansing seems to like a stretch 4 that can extend beyond the arch and make teams pay. Gant wasn't a prototype stretch 4 and he didn't shoot the 3 as well as most of us and Lansing would have likely expected him. This move doesn't surprise me in the least - I think Bell and Murphy are what we are going to have to live with fellas.

Last edited:
Hahaha! No it only takes 1. It was a shot at ITF anyway.

I am not really concerned with his speed, intensity or his agressivness. I think Greg Lansing are looking for good team guys that buy into what is going on here in Terre Haute. Give me a kid who is a good teammate and fits into whatever system Lansing is trying to build and lets win some games.

Lansing seems to like a stretch 4 that can extend beyond the arch and make teams pay. Gant wasn't a prototype stretch 4 and he didn't shoot the 3 as well as most of us and Lansing would have likely expected him. This move doesn't surprise me in the least - I think Bell and Murphy are what we are going to have to live with fellas.

I agree with all and especially your last statement. Anyone that was thinking we were going to sign someone better than the 5's we have were dreaming -- and I mean impact for next year. If someone asked if we could use a 6'9" kid that could shoot like Prusator, I'd have to say yes.
I'm sure Coach knows what he's doing. The way it stands now, we have 4 inside players for 16-17, so I see nothing wrong with adding a shooter.

Looks like a decent offensive player who may fit the system better than most.Coach Lansing also may be looking for guys to fit in and be good team players as was mentioned earlier.If he can defend even a little and score we can use him for sure.

I am in agreement with ITF. Thought we needed a true big for some semblance of an inside game.

Actually, I thought TJ did a pretty good job in there and should get better. He needs to cut down on his fouls, though.

If Murphy works hard, he will be hard to handle in there.

As a matter of fact, I can nearly guarantee that we will get more rebounds from our 4-5 next year than we did this year.

Last edited:

I hope the kid becomes a star for us. But I really thought we needed toughness and rebounding. Just because you're 6'9" doesn't mean you possess either ability or attribute. I will assume, like others, that the coaches know or see something that we don't. But just seeing what I can see, and knowing what I know (which, admittedly, isn't much), it doesn't seem like we got better in either department.

I would be thrilled to dine on crow about this kid. I trust that there's something that the staff knows that got them all excited. Maybe he'll end up like the Dekker kid from Wisconsin. I could live with that...

Toughness and rebounding can be taught it all depends on how bad he wants to play.

Back