'18 IA PF Blake Brinkmeyer (9/17/2017)

sycamorebacker

The Menser Level
Exactly, especially in a game that is predicated on a 3 pt shooting-designed game philosophy! :lol:

https://public.tableau.com/views/Co...d?:embed=y&:display_count=yes&:showVizHome=no

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ege-basketball-to-extend-the-three-point-line

Does Brinkmeyer ever take a 3? What I like most about the kid is his natural "sense" for the ball inside and his quick ascent on the boards. It's not how high you jump but who reaches the ball 1st. He doesn't give the defender an opportunity to gauge the situation!
Only seen a little, but I have been impressed with his activity and how he runs the floor. I think he is one of the quicker bigs we have had. Loads of potential. May look like some of the MVC bigs that have damaged us in past years.

pbutler218

The All-MVC Level
Hope we're not wasting a scholly on this guy. I see where he hasn't been practicing due to off-court and academic issues. Was looking forward to seeing what he could do for us.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Hope we're not wasting a scholly on this guy. I see where he hasn't been practicing due to off-court and academic issues. Was looking forward to seeing what he could do for us.
I'd say he's got only a few months left to decide if he wants to play D1 athletics or not - he's going to have some pretty big regrets later in life for not making this opportunity work for himself. Shame.

BlueBleeder

The Starter Level
Supporter
Figures....i swear if it isn't one thing its another. It really sucks when a talented individual can't figure his shit out and hurts his team. He has the talent to really help our frontcourt, but instead hed rather dick around and fuck it up.....if you cant tell shit like this pisses me off.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
Figures....i swear if it isn't one thing its another. It really sucks when a talented individual can't figure his shit out and hurts his team. He has the talent to really help our frontcourt, but instead hed rather dick around and fuck it up.....if you cant tell shit like this pisses me off.
It should piss everyone off - staying academically eligible isn't really that difficult. It's quite embarrassing and really kinda speaks to the type of player he will be on the court when eligible... At this point I'm pretty much out on him ever doing anything for this program.

sycamorebacker

The Menser Level
Hope he straightens out. Scott had some rocky times early on.

Next man up. Opens time for Tre Williams. Hate to throw freshmen in like that, but we'll see.

chaddog

The Blue Level
Supporter
This is a situation for Williams and Laravia to get some early minutes. I like both of these freshman and think both will contribute.
We know coach is going to run one post with four perimeter players also.

TreeTop

The Menser Level
Supporter

TreeTop

The Menser Level
Supporter
I wish the best for the guy.

Perhaps he's playing JC so he doesn't have to sit out (another) year. And then will transfer back to D1 next year.