'19 FL C Simon Wilbar (Transferred to Holy Cross)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

I'm not sure tbh - at this point it doesn't really matter. Whatever it was - they decided to move in a different direction. I am surprised by the amount people just perplexed by him leaving.

Given that NIL and the transfer portal have reset the ground rules for college sports -- EVERYONE needs to reset their expectations of what a program will look like going forward

plenty of players have wanted this type of freedom - now they have it and if they don't become the local legends b/c they bounce around OR are bounced by the old staff - remember, they WANTED this 'freedom'

As long as the greedy lil' tykes pay their taxes from NIL

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I don’t know about all of that, but he will get a really, really good education and a degree that will open doors for him.

Good choice on his part. I wish him good luck.

I don’t know about all of that, but he will get a really, really good education and a degree that will open doors for him.

Good choice on his part. I wish him good luck.

Holy Cross is a pretty tight network; excellent school - a good pick by Wilbar

He might get free Dunkin Donuts up there. There's one around almost every block in the New England states.
You've obviously seen the Dunkin Memorial Day I-95 NB Thruway monumental trash that's 20' high that makes ya feel like you're in Bangladesh.

Good luck to Simon. I wish he would have been used better here.
How would you have preferred him to have been used? He was a decent spot up shooter, but still had a long way to go with his back to the basket and as a defender. I did think his minutes were strange when he would start games and then never see the floor again, but I thought we got as much out of him as we could have hoped.

Good luck to Simon going forward! Holy Cross is a great school, and Simon seems like a great kid.

How would you have preferred him to have been used? He was a decent spot up shooter, but still had a long way to go with his back to the basket and as a defender. I did think his minutes were strange when he would start games and then never see the floor again, but I thought we got as much out of him as we could have hoped.

Good luck to Simon going forward! Holy Cross is a great school, and Simon seems like a great kid.
Wilbar got the Kevon Looney treatment lol.

You've obviously seen the Dunkin Memorial Day I-95 NB Thruway monumental trash that's 20' high that makes ya feel like you're in Bangladesh.
Everytime I drive through Baltimore on 95 I feel like I'm in a large city in a developing country. The east coast is full of trashy areas, but Baltimore might be the worst out there.

As for the worst city I've ever been to, none is worse than Portland, Oregon. I was there just before Christmas and I think Deborah Curtis must have donated all of our old tents from our Homecoming Tent City to the scumbags that camp out over there. They're inside the interstate interchanges, they're on the shoulders, they parked their abandoned burnt out cars wherever they want, paint every sign in sight. What a trash heap. Even saw some guy proudly taking a leak right by the I-5. If ISU ever makes the NCAA tournament again they better not send us there.

Everytime I drive through Baltimore on 95 I feel like I'm in a large city in a developing country. The east coast is full of trashy areas, but Baltimore might be the worst out there.

As for the worst city I've ever been to, none is worse than Portland, Oregon. I was there just before Christmas and I think Deborah Curtis must have donated all of our old tents from our Homecoming Tent City to the scumbags that camp out over there. They're inside the interstate interchanges, they're on the shoulders, they parked their abandoned burnt out cars wherever they want, paint every sign in sight. What a trash heap. Even saw some guy proudly taking a leak right by the I-5. If ISU ever makes the NCAA tournament again they better not send us there.
I used to layover @ the TA on the river E. of town. Loved walking the hills during the early morning. Downtown Portland is as you say, a dump. Portland State is the LAST place I'd go to college. Must be the residue of Bill Walton's NBA influence, carrying his leftist Zen B.S. up the coastline!

Back