'19 IN PF Jacob LaRavia (Transferred to Wake Forest)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

interesting writeup

Interesting is one word. Hopefully Jake doesn't listen to this guy when deciding to stay in the draft or return to college. Gimme a break.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Interesting is one word. Hopefully Jake doesn't listen to this guy when deciding to stay in the draft or return to college. Gimme a break.
This Alex guy apparently knew what he was talking about. JL's stock has been on a meteoric rise in many different mock drafts the last few days.

Can’t blame the kid for the path he took. Went from only offer SIU-E to what seems like a lock NBA first rounder in 3 years.

I can blame him though for acting like he cared and wanting to be a “program” guy here at ISU. He doesn’t give a shit about ISU. We were merely a spring board for better things (which is fine, but don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining).

in other somewhat related news. With Mosely having legit NBA potential and Green probably on the outside looking in. When was the last time the valley had 2 or 3 NBA guys at the same time? Unfortunately it came at a time they all transferred away…

Can’t blame the kid for the path he took. Went from only offer SIU-E to what seems like a lock NBA first rounder in 3 years.

I can blame him though for acting like he cared and wanting to be a “program” guy here at ISU. He doesn’t give a shit about ISU. We were merely a spring board for better things (which is fine, but don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining).

in other somewhat related news. With Mosely having legit NBA potential and Green probably on the outside looking in. When was the last time the valley had 2 or 3 NBA guys at the same time? Unfortunately it came at a time they all transferred away…

2013 for sure was one. Doug McDermott, Fred Van Vleet, Ron Baker, Cleanthony Early, Walt Lemon, DeVaught Akoon-Purcell, Milton Doyle and Zach Lofton all played in a regular season NBA game. I may be missing another one as well.

NBA 1st round lock?? Per what source?

2013 for sure was one. Doug McDermott, Fred Van Vleet, Ron Baker, Cleanthony Early, Walt Lemon, DeVaught Akoon-Purcell, Milton Doyle and Zach Lofton all played in a regular season NBA game. I may be missing another one as well.
Ah 2013, my senior year of college. I’m just gonna say I was drunk that entire year for not realizing all that talent was in the Valley at one time.

truly unfortunate timing for us that Odum years ran along side the pinnacle of WSU and Creighton

I've used this site for two decades and they still have him as a late 2nd.

Veeeery late. Which means if he stays he likely goes undrafted. Might wanna consider staying put and getting some big time (I'm assuming) NIL money.

I saw this too which is why I'd love to see where folks are getting this 1st round lock stuff. The highest I've seen him in any mock is 34.

Which mock drafts show his meteoric rise over the last few days?
The Athletic has him 21st on their Big Board.
A Spurs blogger wants him late in the 1st round
Rafael Barlow with NBA Big Board says potential first round pick, as do others.

Who knows what will happen....but I'm not sure anyone can argue his stock isn't rising.

The Athletic has him 21st on their Big Board.
A Spurs blogger wants him late in the 1st round
Rafael Barlow with NBA Big Board says potential first round pick, as do others.

Who knows what will happen....but I'm not sure anyone can argue his stock isn't rising.
Tried to look up stuff on the Atlantic and was stopped at a pay wall. Sure I'll easily agree that his stock is going up when you consider him now vs last year. But you said it's going way up over the last few weeks. I haven't seen that and can't find it. Personally I don't see him being a 1st round pick. I think he'll be closer to being undrafted than a 1st rd pick. Good luck to him tho.

He was telling people, from the day he set foot on our campus, that he was only going to be here for a couple years and then he’d go someplace better. He was never going to wear Royal Blue and White after his sophomore season. Never.

I don’t wish him ill, but I’m not going to stay up late worrying about his draft stock, either.

Omg, if there can't be a discussion about a former Sycamore, who is now a draft prospect, on a website dedicated to fan discussions of Sycamore athletics then why are we discussing anything related to Sycamore athletics?

You're allowed to ignore threads that you don't have interest in.

Not sure If it’s unclear but I’m enjoying it. I don’t have time to be eating sour grapes. Good for Laravia for putting In the work.

Back