'20 AL SF Kailex Stephens (10/31/2019)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
He's a 5... Really?? That changes everything...

Based on this article I've got to believe our starting 5 will look something like this:

PG. Xavier Bledson (One)
SG. Cooper (One)
SF. Key (One)
PF. Cameron Henry (Three)
C. Stephens (Five)

I think that's what he's going to do... Wild.

Bingoman

The Sycamore Level
"He'll help us stretch the floor for sure. He's getting his athleticism back and he's quick laterally. He's a great communicator defensively so he'll be up to speed there with everyone else," ISU point guard Julian Larry added.

"Now that he's healthy, I think he's better than what he was. He's going to be big for us. He could have helped us last year a lot. He's a good defender, a good passer and shooter. He's got all of the tools," ISU guard Tyreke Key said.

Good words about Stephens. Excited to see him play this season.

BrokerZ

The Menser Level
Supporter
He's a 5... Really?? That changes everything...

Based on this article I've got to believe our starting 5 will look something like this:

PG. Xavier Bledson (One)
SG. Cooper (One)
SF. Key (One)
PF. Cameron Henry (Three)
C. Stephens (Five)

I think that's what he's going to do... Wild.
It was a good article overall, but yeah…that was the main thing that stuck out to me, too. Stephens as a big???

We now only have three positions: point, wing, and big. I fully expected Stephens to play primarily wing, but him at the 5/big position does give us some interesting flexibility. We have Tucker (and I suppose Hittle, maybe) to play that more traditional 5/big position when the opponent dictates it (i.e. UNI), but if Stephens can handle the position defensively against most other teams it does give us a ton of flexibility offensively.

I probably, too, agree with this starting 5.

Nice to actually talk some basketball. It’s been a while.