2022-23 Around College Hoops

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Texas absolutely destroyed Gonzaga last night. Gonzaga has not looked like the #2 team in the nation so far. They play Kentucky coming up too.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
They’ll be by far the best team we’ll play in the non-con, assuming we get the chance.
Very likely so but given an oracle has decreed all non-conf games meaningless, maybe HC JS should cancel not only the toledo game but all participation in future MTEs... just a thought

Last edited:
Texas absolutely destroyed Gonzaga last night. Gonzaga has not looked like the #2 team in the nation so far. They play Kentucky coming up too.

Holmgren was a unicorn and they have nobody on the roster like him. Hell, few in college hoops are like him. Closest thing is probably the Victor W kid in the G-League.

Green Bay got beat by 15 today by Queens University :oops:
Colorado smoking #24 Texas A&M in the 2nd half

Colorado beats #24 Texas A&M 103-75
Queens University beats Green Bay 81-65 (GB now 0-4)
Virginia Tech beats Penn State 61-59

Green Bay got beat by 15 today by Queens University :oops:
Colorado smoking #24 Texas A&M in the 2nd half
Queens moved up to division 1 this year. But GB just isn’t good this year. Chicago State is a better team and that’s saying something LOL

Holmgren was a unicorn and they have nobody on the roster like him. Hell, few in college hoops are like him. Closest thing is probably the Victor W kid in the G-League.
I don't think Zaga has any NBA prospects on their roster besides Timme and I don't think he's an NBA guy either.

I don't think Zaga has any NBA prospects on their roster besides Timme and I don't think he's an NBA guy either.

Strawther is a NBA caliber player. Still needs to work on his finishing but he has really developed there. Likely a late 2nd to high 1st depending on how he performs in the team invites. Timme will get a camp invite but I agree... may sneak into the late 2nd.

Loyola and their young coach seem to be getting a reality check. Now that they have lost all of their 23-24 year old seniors, they aren’t doing so well.

Just finished last in their MTE by going 0-3 and set a new record for most turnovers in a game. In either the second or third game of the tournament they turned the ball over on 45% of their possessions.

They are looking at a last place finish in the A-10 this year.

Loyola and their young coach seem to be getting a reality check. Now that they have lost all of their 23-24 year old seniors, they aren’t doing so well.

Just finished last in their MTE by going 0-3 and set a new record for most turnovers in a game. In either the second or third game of the tournament they turned the ball over on 45% of their possessions.

They are looking at a last place finish in the A-10 this year.

Hopefully the jump was worth it. I'd bet Wichita State, no matter grandstanding fans do, would prefer to still be in the Valley.

Wasn't sold on Valentine with Loyola last year. They still had a solid core or players that knew how to win and that's what carried them to a good season, I could of coached them to 15 wins. Loyola had their unicorn in Krutwig, now that he is history a drop is going to take place. I see them as an average-at-best A10 program going forward. Kind of similar situation with Valpo entering the Valley. Had their coach and their player (Alec Peters in Valpos case) that took them to a high level, went to a "better" conference without said player and coach...not a recipe for success.

At the under 12 Timeout, Toledo has stabilized a bit with some substitutions. Rockets upping the pressure and starting to hit shots. Roos still up though 15-9.

Back