2023-2024 Sycamore PER (Player Efficiency Rating)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

I tell you what - I’m going to be very clear about this. The guy suggested he would love to see a certain lineup on the floor. He didn’t say - I’d like to see this lineup and it’s my dream that current players leave the team to make it possible. That wasn’t his dream… It wasn’t a dream at all.
Pretty much exactly this.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
I see this said a lot and just want to point out that it makes zero sense. Stats are literally the results of playing the game.

Further, the Player Efficiency Rating (the thread you're posting in) is an individual performance metric based solely on that individual's on court performances on a per-minute basis. This is also why JD's PER is so high, because he has had limited minutes and had that standout double-double performance. He would fall back to the middle of the pack with more minutes played.
I think I skimmed all of the posts; but, I guess we are to assume this person is lobbying on behalf of JD. I am sure they are anxious and disappointed. Many of us expected him to be an immediate impact. But I never dreamed that our "dream 6" would run such a great offense. If JD is patient and works hard I'm sure he will get the opportunity to contribute.

I think I skimmed all of the posts; but, I guess we are to assume this person is lobbying on behalf of JD. I am sure they are anxious and disappointed. Many of us expected him to be an immediate impact. But I never dreamed that our "dream 6" would run such a great offense. If JD is patient and works hard I'm sure he will get the opportunity to contribute.

No… I don’t think that is it.

Nope. The person they are referring to has shown to be nothing but the happiest player on the team and is always smiling. A guy that interacted with my kids last night and would never display the negativity that this “fan” displayed this morning.

For the record, this player fits perfectly with our team and I would hate to see him leave and have a reduced role in his final season of eligibility.

Plus, I didn’t call names, you did. I was talking about players in general!.

You named names without naming names… don’t start backpedaling now. This forum is way too well educated and way too close to the program for you to get away with any nonsense.

Larry was removed from a lineup by a fan - just suggesting it would be a lineup he wanted to see and for someone reason that hurt feelings. As was highlighted above you mentioned “the starter removed” aka Larry and the “three point king” aka Swope. Not that hard to figure out who you were getting at.

So you’re directly or indirectly related to Swope or Larry? I’m going to guess Larry. I mean I don’t have to worry about anything I guess he can answer to the other players families and coaches that undoubtably read the forum from time to time. Pretty bad look half way through a 14-3 season to announce for them that they are heading for the portal in search of greener pastures. But you did it anyway!!

You thought this was going to go much differently than it has and for that I am sorry!

Nope. The person they are referring to has shown to be nothing but the happiest player on the team and is always smiling. A guy that interacted with my kids last night and would never display the negativity that this “fan” displayed this morning.

For the record, this player fits perfectly with our team and I would hate to see him leave and have a reduced role in his final season of eligibility.
I totally agree with you 100%. Someone has came and stirred the pot and you all took the bait. I don’t think Larry nor Swope is unhappy. If that was the case, we would’ve known wayyy before now. Stop falling for the bait.😂😂

You named names without naming names… don’t start backpedaling now. This forum is way too well educated and way too close to the program for you to get away with any nonsense.

Larry was removed from a lineup by a fan - just suggesting it would be a lineup he wanted to see and for someone reason that hurt feelings. As was highlighted above you mentioned “the starter removed” aka Larry and the “three point king” aka Swope. Not that hard to figure out who you were getting at.

So you’re directly or indirectly related to Swope or Larry? I’m going to guess Larry. I mean I don’t have to worry about anything I guess he can answer to the other players families and coaches that undoubtably read the forum from time to time. Pretty bad look half way through a 14-3 season to announce for them that they are heading for the portal in search of greener pastures. But you did it anyway!!

You thought this was going to go much differently than it has and for that I am so

All of you are funny! My thoughts are my thoughts. Then again, sometimes blind fans are just that, blind fans. Watch the game without watching it as a fan. You will be shocked at the view! I'll be here all year for the next four or five years. We can all sit together at The Arch. I love fans like you all, dedicated!

All of you are funny! My thoughts are my thoughts. Then again, sometimes blind fans are just that, blind fans. Watch the game without watching it as a fan. You will be shocked at the view! I'll be here all year for the next four or five years. We can all sit together at The Arch. I love fans like you all, dedicated!
Let’s meet up at Arch Madness! Are you an ISU fan or not…didn’t get blind fans reference

Enjoy Valpo/EU Thursday night game
LOL, EU is making progress. They are not there yet, but they are on track. Look, ISU looks good, but there are still some games remaining. While Missouri State looks tired, they can ball and will keep it close Tuesday night.

Back