[Offered/Committed Elsewhere] '21 IN PG Luke Brown (Stetson)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Barry Collier was there as well. I think he was the only person in a suit

I think I overestimated who was there, for some reason I thought Collier was an asst coach at UE. But it's Lickliter I think.

Check your PM Ox

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
This is all entertaining, but if he’s that good, do we really have a shot? Sounds like a high major kid, no?

This is all entertaining, but if he’s that good, do we really have a shot? Sounds like a high major kid, no?
I once met this really hot Cuban girl and my friends told me I had no shot and not to waste my time... That she would want someone taller and richer, that I was a Prodestant and her Catholic etc.. We have been married now for 24 yrs.

So.....for anyone there watching this kid....how did he look?

considering he was being double and triple teamed at times he still scored 31 points, when he's out front with the ball he finds his spot to drive and score or get fouled. He's so quick that he easily drives past whoever is trying to guard him when they're man to man

Also, his passing skills are what amaze me the most, the kid has complete vision of the floor, much like Bird did, a few times he made passes to his teammates who weren't expecting the pass and they lost the ball.

Frankton was a much larger team and it was obvious Blackford was really getting tired in the 2nd half, they were missing a lot of shots badly. I don't think they were subbing in and out as often as Frankton.

Luke also had several 3s. I haven't seen what his shooting percentage was for the night yet. He did miss one FT, which is a rarity.

Considering Frankton won 88-62, Blackford did better against them than Madison Grant (who beat Blackford) did. Frankton beat MG like 90-45

Some of us plan to go see him at Tri Central (just west of Kokomo) on Jan. 31st. Just a very fun team to watch

Last edited:
I realize some people may be frustrated on posts about Luke. Then please ignore them. My point is this kid is the best high school basketball player I have ever seen. He will break Damon's record. Check the team stats for Blackford on Max preps and you will see he is doing it all alone. There are only two others guys on the team that are helping (kind of). They are just a bunch of short farm boys. Its Hoosier high school basketball in its old school glory. Small broke town with very little and a basketball hoop.

Last night the height of Franklin 6-8, 6-6 and 6-5 held them to a one shot and done in the 2nd half. Luke's FG% would easily be 10 points higher if he didn't have to pick up so much slack. I urge you to find time to see him play.

I realize some people may be frustrated on posts about Luke. Then please ignore them. My point is this kid is the best high school basketball player I have ever seen. He will break Damon's record. Check the team stats for Blackford on Max preps and you will see he is doing it all alone. There are only two others guys on the team that are helping (kind of). They are just a bunch of short farm boys. Its Hoosier high school basketball in its old school glory. Small broke town with very little and a basketball hoop.

Last night the height of Franklin 6-8, 6-6 and 6-5 held them to a one shot and done in the 2nd half. Luke's FG% would easily be 10 points higher if he didn't have to pick up so much slack. I urge you to find time to see him play.

I actually like reading about this kid, I just hate knowing that we have no shot at him. The stories of his performances are great.

Just saw this kid as Blackford beat Jay Co. Crazy quick feet, even quicker hands, and the heart of a cat burglar. He is the real deal. See him if you get the
opportunity. You will enjoy it.

Just saw this kid as Blackford beat Jay Co. Crazy quick feet, even quicker hands, and the heart of a cat burglar. He is the real deal. See him if you get the
opportunity. You will enjoy it.

I watched that game too, didn't go to the game this weekend, might go to the Jan 31st or Feb 5th games. Luke had 33 tonight I think, Stroebel had 15 or so, they were about the only ones who scored for Blackford as they only had 55 points, and amazingly only scored FOUR points in the 4th quarter.

Jay County had beaten Blackford 20 straight times, so this was a good win for Blackford. It was the Jay County game last year where Luke went down with that injury and missed the rest of the season

The real deal, humble and would look good in Blue were the ways an ISU friend from the Blackford area described Luke after seeing last night's Jay County game.

Seems like one of those kids that would thrive at a school like ISU. Small town, slightly undersized, puts up gaudy numbers, (hopefully) underrecruited. Very fun to watch and probably will be a fan favorite where ever he goes.

couple more good articles about Luke, good reads if you have time. And as Doyle mentions in the Indy Star, he could play college ball now.

https://www.thestarpress.com/story/...etball-ihsaa-scoring-damon-bailey/2704470002/

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...ty-gregg-doyel-indiana-basketball/2779212002/

The thing about Doyel, or anyone, saying he could play college ball right now is that they're only speaking offensively. I highly doubt he could hang, defensively, with D1 players (as a sophomore in high school).

With that said, would love to see him in Sycamore blue. But doesn't it seem that he's gonna be a high major recruit?

The thing about Doyel, or anyone, saying he could play college ball right now is that they're only speaking offensively. I highly doubt he could hang, defensively, with D1 players (as a sophomore in high school).

With that said, would love to see him in Sycamore blue. But doesn't it seem that he's gonna be a high major recruit?

correct, he'd not be able to defend at the D1 level yet for sure. He's got 2 more years to improve everything

Yes he probably is a high-level recruit.. you never really know what someone wants. I really wish Indiana State would send somebody to each and every one of his games and just sign the college recruiting/coaches log and show we are physically present with "slow sale" pressure. Hodges didn't get Bird by sitting on his ass.

Luke went over 1000 career points tonight in the 1st quarter vs Oak Hill, becoming the fastest player to 1000 points in Indiana high school basketball history.

Luke had 54 points in a 93-59 win over Daleville tonight. The sophomore record for Indiana high school boys is 60, so he was close.

The Governor of Indiana was at their game tonight and interviewed on the Blackford Sports Network at halftime.

Luke also picked up an offer from Iona this week

Back