[Offered/Committed Elsewhere] '21 IN PG Luke Brown (Stetson)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

went to the Blackford-Madison Grant game tonight to see Luke in person, folks, this kids is the REAL DEAL, 36 points in a loss at MG, but they were ROBBED of this win, the refs were AWFUL. Luke was getting killed and getting almost no calls.

Blackford was down 1, then Luke stole an inbounds pass, and was fouled, hits 2 FTs, so Blackford is leading, then MG throws a full court pass and in the melee the refs call a foul on Blackford, MG kid hits 3 FT's and MG wins. Here is the game video, watch from the 90 minute mark on. Even these announcers talk about how awful the refs were

So.......having seen him play do you feel this kid is D-1 talent?

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
So.......having seen him play do you feel this kid is D-1 talent?

he's a sophomore, 6-1, I totally think he will excel at the D1 level, his passing skills are just like Bird's were, the kid sees the entire floor, his teammates always had to be aware because they never knew when he was gonna pass to them

if he grows a couple more inches, then watch out.

I'd highly recommend going to see him play sometime if you have the chance, I plan to go to a few more games this season yet, and with 2.5 more years of high school to play there's plenty of opportunities to see him play. He's a real competitor.

he's a sophomore, 6-1, I totally think he will excel at the D1 level, his passing skills are just like Bird's were, the kid sees the entire floor, his teammates always had to be aware because they never knew when he was gonna pass to them

if he grows a couple more inches, then watch out.

I'd highly recommend going to see him play sometime if you have the chance, I plan to go to a few more games this season yet, and with 2.5 more years of high school to play there's plenty of opportunities to see him play. He's a real competitor.

Hopefully we give him a look!!

I watched the game live on utube. The announcers are just a couple of homer good ol boys. I enjoyed thier take as they personally know the players. It did look like Luke was held and bumped, pushed with no calls. I had to double check the 36 points as while watching i didnt think he that many. He had hit 48 free throws in row then missed two in a row and the shock and disbelief by the announces was funny. I also noticed how he moved without the ball. Luke never sat in a corner waiting always moving. He will break Damion Bailey's record. Watch him play and then laugh at me.

Stop. Just stop.

Exactly, he’s good and would love to have him someday. But, he’s a kid and we’re playing against grown ass men. I think that’s why Neese struggles at times, he still thinks he’s playing against high school kids. Although, he was much bettter today handling the ball and playing defense. He will be ok.

I will quit the forum if one more person tries to tell me Luke Brown could play for us right now... Literally - I will quit.

It should be amended to ANY kid we recruit.

Only a handful of kids are truly ready to play nationally and most of them are the 4- and 5-star kids and even a handful of those kids end up being below average as true freshman because they're usually turnover machines and defensive liabilities.

I'll post the link to tonight's game when it's on, but man, wait till you all see this shot Luke Brown hit at the end of the 3rd quarter, Sportscenter top 10 worthy! He was falling out of bounds and just heaved the ball towards the basket and it went in! Amazing stuff!

It'll be on the Blackford Sports Network youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpZOSobj8fg_OQDl0pKDMKw

go to the 1:12:00 mark of the video here and watch the last minute of the 3rd Q, also for added comedy, listed to the announcers for the minute after the shot, hilarious!

Brown had 43 in a win over Winchester tonight, game wasn't on youtube due to technical difficulties, they play at Frankton Friday, close to where I live so I'm gonna go watch, Frankton is really good, they beat Madison Grant 90-40 or something like that, and MG beat Blackford by 2

Brown had 43 in a win over Winchester tonight, game wasn't on youtube due to technical difficulties, they play at Frankton Friday, close to where I live so I'm gonna go watch, Frankton is really good, they beat Madison Grant 90-40 or something like that, and MG beat Blackford by 2
It looks like my sister (ISU GRAD) and I will be going to the Frankton game. I will have colors on.

Ox, and others who might be going to the Blackford-Frankton game tomorrow night, they're expecting a sellout, so arrive early.

https://blackfordathletics.com/2019/01/17/frankton-gate-info-reminders/

Also, the January 26th game against Jay County at Blackford will be sold out as ESPN will be on hand to film for a 30 for 30 episode they're making about the Blackford coach and Luke Brown, and the resurgence of basketball at Blackford. This is big time stuff folks, if you get a chance to see this kid play, go. He is worth the drive to watch.

https://blackfordathletics.com/2019/01/16/jay-county-pre-sale-tickets-to-go-on-sale-monday-at-8am/

ESPN story about Blackford

https://blackfordathletics.com/2019/01/16/bruins-to-be-filmed-as-part-of-project/

Last edited:
Evansville, Purdue, Wisconsin here to see Luke in Frankton tonight, sellout crowd

Back