Belmont to the Valley

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
It's apparently leaked out that Belmont is headed to the MVC. Does this include Murray State as well? No leak there i like this.
I sure hope this includes Murray State. Glad to see the MVC being aggressive for a change, although I bet Belmont approached the MVC this time.

I think Murray State is coming honestly. Just takes a little longer to leak / announce since they are a public and we have to work them into MVFC football.

YES!!!!!!! Congrats to the forward thinking people who made this happen (if it does).

Great addition! This could mean rotation with Arch madness in the future too. I have a hard time thinking that there isn't a 12th public waiting to announce. Obvious and best answer is Murray (which that could put us above the A10 for best true mid major conference). But I really hope it's not Little Rock or UT-Arlington like a lot of posters seem to think over at MVCfans. Time will tell but the addition of Murray would put the MVC is great position

Great addition! This could mean rotation with Arch madness in the future too. I have a hard time thinking that there isn't a 12th public waiting to announce. Obvious and best answer is Murray (which that could put us above the A10 for best true mid major conference). But I really hope it's not Little Rock or UT-Arlington like a lot of posters seem to think over at MVCfans. Time will tell but the addition of Murray would put the MVC is great position
If it's UTA or UALR, the MVC will be turning a great move into a bad move. I'd bet $1000 in Vegas that Murray State is coming. The OVC is collapsing and everyone is bailing that can. We're taking their best pieces.

I doubt it's just Belmont - Murray released statement basically stating that they are leaving. I would not be surprised if SLU and Wichita are not talking to the MVC. This conference would be getting pretty darn legit.
MVC has something going - they have been able to remain stable and weather the storms of teams coming and going much better that some other conferences. I think it has to do with geography and similar goals of schools with privates and publics being able to bond with an even/equal number in the conference.

My post has nothing to do with my personal opinion of the prospect of them coming back. Good grief - simply pointing out the possibility.

It crossed my mind too that they may want back in and may be the second team.

I just hope the league doesn’t go for it.

A lot of the posters on MVCfans are a bunch of dumba**es. I had to look into this a little, but it turns out that the Sun Belt is kicking UTA and UALR out of the conference since they don't have football. Obviously if these two schools were actually worth a darn in basketball the SBC would not kick them out. I don't care what markets they are in, it's not the MVC's job to pick up the SBC's garbage. Those two schools add a lot of travel and will not build our brand. Maybe the Summit League, the Southland, or whatever's left of the OVC will want them. I will vomit in my mouth if either one of them are added. I'm not really that big on Belmont, but at least they win and have been winning for a long time.

There is also speculation that Missouri State may be exploring FBS football within the next few years. Adding UTA or UALR will not keep them around if football is their motive. At the worst we have two crap extension campuses on a big island if MSU leaves.

I agree with 4Q on Wichita. Their fans bashed our conference and they can stay in their new conference. I don't want them back and we don't need them either. I think they'd be too proud to rejoin anyways.

Dayton and SLU would be great, but their fans would be just like Wichita's. They want in the Big East and we need to add schools that actually want to be here. Also both schools want the east coast exposure and the MVC doesn't offer that, while the A10 does.

The MVC wins if they add Murray State and Belmont and quit. It keeps the public football / private balance and brings in two quality basketball programs. And this scenario is what I believe will happen. I just don't see UTA and UALR being good fits.

New dude, call up SLU and Dayton. Turn the Valley into a hoops conference.
I'll tell you what if you get Belmont and Murray, that conversation with SLU and Dayton is WWAAAAYYY different than it was yesterday. You'd be at mega conference but that is top 5/6 conference stuff.

But lets be honest they could add UT-arlington as the 12th and all the hype of adding Belmont will dissolve instantly.

Back