Coaching replacement list

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Coach Rags was a good dude in the couple interactions I had with him.

Even when he blew up his achilles (I think that is what he hurt), he was still rolling gym-to-gym on a cart recruiting.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
For what it's worth, Ragland always seemed to be held in high regard by his peers. When he blew his Achilles and was rolling around the AAU events, so many coaches came over to see how he was doing. The man seemed to know everyone and be well liked.

For what it's worth, Ragland always seemed to be held in high regard by his peers. When he blew his Achilles and was rolling around the AAU events, so many coaches came over to see how he was doing. The man seemed to know everyone and be well liked.
Was going to tag you but couldn't remember if that was one of the years we met up or not.

I'd love to see Luke Murray from Louisville be the next coach. My diabolical plan would be to offer Luke the job, thereby attracting his father Bill Murray to a few games as he does at Louisville every so often. I'd then slowly start to plant the seed at the idea of Bill accepting an honorary doctorate from ISU, and then offer him a teaching position allowing him to teach any topic he so desired. I'd also sell him on the idea of turning the whole thing into a Netflix special: Becoming Dr. Murray. or Professor Murray of ISU. The ideas for episodes are endless. Just think: An episode where Professor Murray meets Larry the Legend. Through the show's success, and highlighting everything ISU, it'd elevate ISU's presence to a national level like never before, attracting and generating new sources of income. Eventually, with the show success, and all the crazy money to be made, the money would be used to buy influence with the board of directors. Curtis would be fired and replace her with Bill Murray as President of ISU extending the Netflix show, and really making bank. Proceeds of the show would be invested into ISU athletics. By the time the show is cancel Luke Murray will have won a national championship, and ISU will never be the same.

I'd love to see Luke Murray from Louisville be the next coach. My diabolical plan would be to offer Luke the job, thereby attracting his father Bill Murray to a few games as he does at Louisville every so often. I'd then slowly start to plant the seed at the idea of Bill accepting an honorary doctorate from ISU, and then offer him a teaching position allowing him to teach any topic he so desired. I'd also sell him on the idea of turning the whole thing into a Netflix special: Becoming Dr. Murray. or Professor Murray of ISU. The ideas for episodes are endless. Just think: An episode where Professor Murray meets Larry the Legend. Through the show's success, and highlighting everything ISU, it'd elevate ISU's presence to a national level like never before, attracting and generating new sources of income. Eventually, with the show success, and all the crazy money to be made, the money would be used to buy influence with the board of directors. Curtis would be fired and replace her with Bill Murray as President of ISU extending the Netflix show, and really making bank. Proceeds of the show would be invested into ISU athletics. By the time the show is cancel Luke Murray will have won a national championship, and ISU will never be the same.
You're Hired!

This is as reasonable of a plan as ive heard in 25 years

Whatever you smoked.....please send some to the "hater" on the board........they really need it. Great post........
What I fear is that we will soon look more like the Walking Dead.

From HoopDirt.com

Search updates…Richard Sander from TopConnect will serve as an advisor on the search at Jacksonville. Also, I have heard from a few guys that Kyle Bowlsby is helping with the Indiana State search (which seems to be progressing quickly already).

I know Archie Miller's name has been thrown around earlier in this thread. They wouldn't let him go until after March 31st, which makes this stretch even further out of reach. However given the clause in his contract requiring him to seek comparable employment...

Directly following the buyout clause in Miller’s contract is a mitigation clause. Under the terms of that section, Miller is required to seek out comparable employment upon termination, and Indiana’s buyout obligations to Miller shrink dollar-for-dollar for everything he earns during the remaining life of his IU contract, which ends on March 31, 2024. A comparable employment position includes employment as a head or assistant basketball coach, as well as media, athletic department, or similar athletics related roles.

If Archie has an enterprising enough mindset, this would give him one of the larger payouts of any other potential position he'd be looking at. In this scenario I wouldn't see him here more than 3-4 years, if that. I think out program is more comparable to what Dayton was prior to his arrival; than what IU was in 2017.

Who in the hell would want Archie???
Well sure if you're going off of the unrealistic expectations that the IU fan base seems to impose upon their program then yes, Archie hasn't performed well. His record at Dayton tells a different story is all I'm saying... Which program are we comparable to?

He got fired today

I don't know if I can completely look past his record as HC at S. Alabama, but I think that Matt Graves would at least make an interesting interview candidate. Homegrown in the Hoosier state, experience within the MVC as an assistant under McCarthy, currently working in a major conference. I definitely can't blame him for getting out of Evansville once he saw what had transpired, but prior to McCarthy dipping his pen into the cheer squads ink the program was definitely on the rise.
Well you got your wish. Graves is now a Sycamore assistant!

Likely a wise pick for the new staff

Though his brief time on the Lavender Deuces staff isn't a ton of "MVC experience"

Back