[December 8, 2020] Indiana State (0-0) vs Truman State (0-0)

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
image_handler.aspx

More...

Our new logo would look "okay" if the rivers were twisty and the outline of Indiana actually looked like Indiana, like with the old one. Our state is not 9 straight lines. That's what completely ruins it for me.

For what it's worth Truman State is undefeated at 3-0. They beat D2 #9 UMSL by 12 their last game on Saturday. My prediction is that we will win by 10 points or less, and Truman State keeps it interesting throughout the game. They've had more time to clean up their game while this is our first game and they appear to be a good D2 team.

Should not be close if Sycamores plan to be competitive in the MVC. Not the first college game most of these guys ever played. Lots of talent; no excuses for not having them ready to backup all the pre-season "coach speak".

Ha. The season is over if the game is close... What a farce. Trying to make sure your narrative is the only narrative by setting the stage for us. Appreciate that - but you're living a different world than the most of us. You are so hung up on Lansing that the outcome of this game really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Your tag line "Let the contract hostage fiasco end - Send Lansing packing". Your negative context. It all points to someone that really doesn't care about the outcome of this game or any other game this season so long as the guy leading the charge the next season is someone different.

BTW - if he's gone after this season they NEVER sent him packing. They just simply let him walk. Letting a contract expire without an extension is not called being sent packing.

What do you want a coach to say in the pre-season? One that has extended longer than normal without a game being played? One that is coaching on a lame duck contract? What sort of coach speak do you want from any coach? In a year where no one can even watch a game in person do you want him just to pass on interviews all together? It would seem that would be the only acceptable outcome for you.

No one here wants to listen to this bull shit from you all season. We know you want him gone - can every post you make please not be so bent and jaded? He's closer to being gone than he is closer to being our long term coach. If anything - you should enjoy every day and game as your one step closer with each passing second of getting your wish. Like him not getting a contract extension this off season was a win for you - like this thing is big time trending in your favor.

And no one here is like - man I hope Greg Lansing coaches a good half, coaches a good game, coaches a good season - so he gets a contract extension. No one is talking like that - do you know why?? Because it's out of our control and most people here have accepted that as fact! You know why else?? Because D1 programs move on from coaches all the time. It's the harsh reality of this business - but you deal with it as a fan, alum, season ticket holder, donor, player, coach... A lot of people are impacted by the departure of a coach.

But yet you come on here with every post and try to push some bull shit on us. Just enjoy the game and cheer on these kids - they didn't ask for any of this. You've got as good of a trio in Key, Williams and Jake that we've seen in awhile - it seems if they can stay healthy and COVID not have to much of an impact that we could have a really nice team. But who really knows! Just cheer on these kids man - we know you hate Lansing and his "coach speak".

I've long grown tired of your act - we know that if tonight's game is close it's Greg Lansing's fault. We all know that just as we know your mission this season - just sit back and enjoy the games the best you can! When it's all over - you can dedicate a thread to your cause again! Good luck to you.

Last edited:
Should not be close if Sycamores plan to be competitive in the MVC. Not the first college game most of these guys ever played. Lots of talent; no excuses for not having them ready to backup all the pre-season "coach speak".

Not sure if you remember this or not, but Loyola lost to UIndy by double digits last season in their exhibition game and ended up finishing 2nd in the league last season. It's very common for teams to struggle their first game of the year. Playing together in practice and playing together against an unknown opponent are two completely different things. In this case Truman State has had three games to figure things out and we haven't even had one game. I certainly won't be hitting the panic button yet, win or lose.

So if it’s a too-close-for-comfort win it’s Lansing’s fault. “We should have blown them out!”

But if we blow them out, well of course that’s to be expected. “We should blow them out; they’re D2!”

There’s just no pleasing some people...

It's the most irrelevant non-conference season in the history of basketball... The only thing relevant about it - experience and growing as a team. We need to play well in conference for seeding purposes and then we've got to show up during the tournament or it won't matter much. This game will not give me any more or less hope than when I woke up today...

The only hope it will give me is for humanity - that we get to watch a freaking college basketball game.

Ha. The season is over if the game is close... What a farce. Trying to make sure your narrative is the only narrative by setting the stage for us. Appreciate that - but you're living a different world than the most of us. You are so hung up on Lansing that the outcome of this game really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Your tag line "Let the contract hostage fiasco end - Send Lansing packing". Your negative context. It all points to someone that really doesn't care about the outcome of this game or any other game this season so long as the guy leading the charge the next season is someone different.

BTW - if he's gone after this season they NEVER sent him packing. They just simply let him walk. Letting a contract expire without an extension is not called being sent packing.

What do you want a coach to say in the pre-season? One that has extended longer than normal without a game being played? One that is coaching on a lame duck contract? What sort of coach speak do you want from any coach? In a year where no one can even watch a game in person do you want him just to pass on interviews all together? It would seem that would be the only acceptable outcome for you.

No one here wants to listen to this bull shit from you all season. We know you want him gone - can every post you make please not be so bent and jaded? He's closer to being gone than he is closer to being our long term coach. If anything - you should enjoy every day and game as your one step closer with each passing second of getting your wish. Like him not getting a contract extension this off season was a win for you - like this thing is big time trending in your favor.

And no one here is like - man I hope Greg Lansing coaches a good half, coaches a good game, coaches a good season - so he gets a contract extension. No one is talking like that - do you know why?? Because it's out of our control and most people here have accepted that as fact! You know why else?? Because D1 programs move on from coaches all the time. It's the harsh reality of this business - but you deal with it as a fan, alum, season ticket holder, donor, player, coach... A lot of people are impacted by the departure of a coach.

But yet you come on here with every post and try to push some bull shit on us. Just enjoy the game and cheer on these kids - they didn't ask for any of this. You've got as good of a trio in Key, Williams and Jake that we've seen in awhile - it seems if they can stay healthy and COVID not have to much of an impact that we could have a really nice team. But who really knows! Just cheer on these kids man - we know you hate Lansing and his "coach speak".

I've long grown tired of your act - we know that if tonight's game is close it's Greg Lansing's fault. We all know that just as we know your mission this season - just sit back and enjoy the games the best you can! When it's all over - you can dedicate a thread to your cause again! Good luck to you.
You are not my keeper so don't waste your time responding to any of my posts. You seem to think you are a "know-it-all" of all sports. You were a cross-country athlete in your day but not a record setter of any sort. Your sister was the better athlete from your family. I have participated & seen more basketball games than you likely will ever experience. Now kiss off Dude and try your intimidation harassment tactics against someone else where you might be successful with it.

I’m interested in a couple of things tonight that come to mind:

1) Not only who starts at PG, but who gets the bulk of the minutes at the 1-guard? We have a lot of guys to choose from with Bacote, Howard, Larry, Miller, etc.

2) Who starts at the 3/4? With Stephens out for the year, does that mean we go back to small(er)-ball with something like Howard, Key, Neese, LaRavia and Williams? I’ll be curious to see the rotations we play around with in this game.

3) How much will the offense run through LaRavia? Lansing has hinted that Jake will play some point-forward for us and bring the ball up the court. Is he our primary distributor, and are we looking at a change in Lansing’s high-ball-screen motion offense?

What are you all watching for tonight?

You are not my keeper so don't waste your time responding to any of my posts. You seem to think you are a "know-it-all" of all sports. You were a cross-country athlete in your day but not a record setter of any sort. Your sister was the better athlete from your family. I have participated & seen more basketball games than you likely will ever experience. Now kiss off Dude and try your intimidation harassment tactics against someone else where you might be successful with it.

I agree with all of this!

I am not your keeper - true.
I will no longer waste my time - fair.
Not a record setter - true, far from it.
Sister was a better athlete - debatable.
Seen more hoops than me - true.
Kiss off - the season is here.

I will not come on here and lift Lansing up as the best in-game coach, but at this point, its foolish to be so invested in his ouster. I have zero inside sources, but I believe 90% chance LaRavia will be gone if Lansing is gone. He is such a special player, if keeping Lansing means keeping Laravia...

I will not come on here and lift Lansing up as the best in-game coach, but at this point, its foolish to be so invested in his ouster. I have zero inside sources, but I believe 90% chance LaRavia will be gone if Lansing is gone. He is such a special player, if keeping Lansing means keeping Laravia...
I don't think you are right & he is a special player but if it happens so be it ........ collateral damage if you will. Any player can be gone in a heartbeat with the new transfer rule upcoming & the really good ones most likely will look at "greener pastures & tempting offers" after every season ends. Indicating any of them would leave because of Lansing departing is just another poor excuse to keep him.

I’m interested in a couple of things tonight that come to mind:

1) Not only who starts at PG, but who gets the bulk of the minutes at the 1-guard? We have a lot of guys to choose from with Bacote, Howard, Larry, Miller, etc.

2) Who starts at the 3/4? With Stephens out for the year, does that mean we go back to small(er)-ball with something like Howard, Key, Neese, LaRavia and Williams? I’ll be curious to see the rotations we play around with in this game.

3) How much will the offense run through LaRavia? Lansing has hinted that Jake will play some point-forward for us and bring the ball up the court. Is he our primary distributor, and are we looking at a change in Lansing’s high-ball-screen motion offense?

What are you all watching for tonight?

1. Bulk of the minutes will probably be variable - I am thinking that Lansing is going to roll with the player who is not turning it over and not getting exposed on D.

2. I think he will start Williams at the 5. Jake at the 4. Cobie Barnes or Key or Neese at the 3. I think those will be the only 3 that will start at the 3 on a regular basis.

3. I think this will be interesting to see - I don't think he will have him running the PG unless it's in transition - I mean I really think Jake thrives at the high post and down around the basket. I think he's probably improved his shooting enough to stretch the floor for us - but with capable guards on the roster I am not sure why we would want him running the PG or playing with the ball in his hands too much.

I just want to see us play physical. We're the more experienced team - love to see some transition ball, sharing the ball like we did last year and taking care of it the same time. Those will be the things I will be watching for!

Back