Fan Appreciation Day

Superfan312

The Varsity Level
Looks like ServPro bought all the tickets again for a home game. The men's and women's game on Jan. 10 will all be free. Unfortunately, the student section will probably be empty due to break. It's nice to see these people trying to help ISU basketball, though.

Fan Appreciation Day

SycamoreStateofMind

The Odum Level
Supporter
When do classes start up again?? Won't most students be back by the 10th?? Not that are student section is full anyways. I think their has been better attendance at the Pizza Hut Classic than any ISU game this year.

BankShot

The Kleuh Level
X-mas Break

What do students get, a MONTH break now? Geesh...must be nice.
Three decades ago we had 2 weeks then had to return for FINAL EXAMS.
The college year starts later now...ends earlier w/ longer X-mas & Easter Breaks.
That's what I call, "Higher Education." :krazy:

Superfan312

The Varsity Level
We got a month off because we started 2 weeks earlier than other Indiana schools(Purdue, IU..).VU was the only other school on the same schedule.
I love hearing from Alums how much harder school used to be than it is now. *plays a sad song on the world's smallest violin*

IndyTreeFan

The Nicks Level
Supporter
I love hearing from Alums how much harder school used to be than it is now. *plays a sad song on the world's smallest violin*
Don't get cute, newbie! When I was at State, it was not uncommon for us to have to fight off grizzly bears on our way to class using only Dr. Layton's WWII class syllabus. The entire campus used to be built such that everywhere you walked was uphill, and back then, the Terre Haute area averaged 689 inches of snow each year - all of which seemed to fall between September and late April. Many of us gentlemen would carry our lady friends on our heads to keep them out of the snow.

In chemistry, if you screwed up the lab assignment, you had to drink whatever you concocted in your beaker. (OK, honestly, sometimes good, sometimes bad...:bigsmile:)

And the requirement that you sing each week in the Union Building wearing just your underwear - now that was difficult.

You don't know the meaning of the word tough!!!

:wordyo:

SycamorePsycho

The Varsity Level
When do classes start up again?? Won't most students be back by the 10th?? Not that are student section is full anyways. I think their has been better attendance at the Pizza Hut Classic than any ISU game this year.
The student section has actually been pretty decent this year before Christmas break started, especially since we have only have 3 wins. The students that do come to the games always do a good job of cheering. There are several rows of students that are hardcore Sycamore basketball fans and I am one of them. As a student I have missed only 3 home games at my time at Indiana State and it is disapointing to have people knock the student section for people like us when we come out and support a team that has had somewhere around 4 winning seasons in the past 20 years.