Get your SycamorePride.com fix on your mobile phone!

WANTED: Passionate Sycamore Fanatics. That You?

Register NOW to join our community of die-hard Sycamore fans.

Become a Supporting Member to remove this ad and help support the site.
Tapatalk has now been removed. I just spent the last 30-45 minutes fixing the site because of a security flaw that allowed a file overwrite. For those of you that used it, I do apologize but I can't continue to keep it active knowing the potential issues.

There is a lightweight forum link you can try on your mobile: http://www.sycamorepride.com/archive/index.php

I don't know how well it works or doesn't unfortunately.

Now it doesn't work... What the hell?!

This site already gets so much traffic. How am I supposed to follow game threads now??

I'll see if there happens to be a free mobile style available. If not, it's probably time to close up shop. You're like one of 5 people keeping the place going.

I'll see if there happens to be a free mobile style available. If not, it's probably time to close up shop. You're like one of 5 people keeping the place going.

I kinda agree... People don't care.

Our basketball team still practices in the arena. We've got earmarked state funds on the table and we can't get a renovation passed through. People want Lansing fired but can't name a coach in the last 30 years that has left this job for a bigger/better D1 head coaching job.

We toe the line with football year over year. Build a practice field that's got weeds growing in it now. Build a new locker room. Put in new lights. Band-aids don't fix broken bones.

I kinda agree... People don't care.

Our basketball team still practices in the arena. We've got earmarked state funds on the table and we can't get a renovation passed through. People want Lansing fired but can't name a coach in the last 30 years that has left this job for a bigger/better D1 head coaching job.

We toe the line with football year over year. Build a practice field that's got weeds growing in it now. Build a new locker room. Put in new lights. Band-aids don't fix broken bones.

It's interesting. At one time, I thought we were turning the corner and then we just fell down again.

In 2012, there was a swell surrounding Sycamore athletics and by Summer of 2013, it was done. Hell, even a lot of the "die hard" folks have quit posting here. If you've lost the casual fans and those guys, it's an uphill battle. I really feel for the folks at State trying to make shit happen. Luke Martin has been producing amazing content since his arrival and I don't see anyone reporting it on their social media like I used to see.

For those of you that use mobile... I found a mobile-friendly style. Please give it a try. I'll be tweaking it a tad -- changing the logo but I tested it on my iPhone and it seemed to be decent.

It's interesting. At one time, I thought we were turning the corner and then we just fell down again.

In 2012, there was a swell surrounding Sycamore athletics and by Summer of 2013, it was done. Hell, even a lot of the "die hard" folks have quit posting here. If you've lost the casual fans and those guys, it's an uphill battle. I really feel for the folks at State trying to make shit happen. Luke Martin has been producing amazing content since his arrival and I don't see anyone reporting it on their social media like I used to see.

The Luke Martin work has been FIRST CLASS.

Back to the original topic... anyone else used the mobile style yet? I used it all day at work and it seems to work well once you figure out the controls. I'm changing the graphics from the drab bluegreen color to orange so they stand out and hope to have them all done today.

I still check the site about every day, just haven't had time to post lately because work is really busy. I'd agree, Luke Martin is doing some really good stuff. I follow baseball and football, but basketball is my sport and once hoops season comes, I'll be on more. To be honest, I need a break from some of the petty bickering that some on here like to do. Love the site, keep up the good work Jason!

To be honest, I need a break from some of the petty bickering that some on here like to do. Love the site, keep up the good work Jason!
The problem with this theory is it's the common stance from everyone -- always the same complaint. It's also a logical fallacy because the only way to break the perceived problem is if all of those people counter with positive posts. It'll drown out the few negative posts the site gets. The problem is everyone has gone silent so that's the only view you get.

That said, the site is getting fewer and fewer daily posts. There is going to be a point because of that where I'll be forced to make a hard decision whether to keep the place open or not. Hope everyone takes heed to that because you're going to be stuck with 140 characters or Facebook if this place goes.

you're going to be stuck with 140 characters or Facebook if this place goes.

I know you don't heart it enough Jason but I really do appreciate you and this site! outside of my email it is my most visited site, it would be terrible to watch it go.

I know you have done a lot of campaigns etc. to bring some publicity to this site. Was there anything that you have done in the past that you think worked very well or didn't work at all?

I know you don't heart it enough Jason but I really do appreciate you and this site! outside of my email it is my most visited site, it would be terrible to watch it go.

I know you have done a lot of campaigns etc. to bring some publicity to this site. Was there anything that you have done in the past that you think worked very well or didn't work at all?

Nope, nothing has worked. I've tried pretty much every advertising platform possible all with awful results. Word of mouth is really the only thing that has worked but the reality of the situation is there just aren't many Sycamore fanatics that take it to the point of message board participation. Those that have that level of fandom that I know (that are alumni) are members of IU, Purdue or Notre Dame forums.

Back